1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Handguns now face BAN!

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by Joe Potosky, Dec 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joe Potosky

Joe Potosky Well-Known Member

In January, Senator Feinstein will introduce a bill to stop the sale, transfer, importation and manufacturing of military-style assault weapons and high-capacity ammunition feeding devises.

Following is a summary of the 2013 legislation:

Bans the sale, transfer, importation, or manufacturing of:

120 specifically-named firearms

- Certain other semiautomatic rifles, handguns, shotguns that can accept a detachable magazine and have one military characteristic

- Semiautomatic rifles and handguns with a fixed magazine that can accept more than 10 rounds

Strengthens the 1994 Assault Weapons Ban and various state bans by:

- Moving from a 2-characteristic test to a 1-characteristic test

- Eliminating the easy-to-remove bayonet mounts and flash suppressors from the characteristics test

- Banning firearms with “thumbhole stocks” and “bullet buttons” to address attempts to “work around” prior bans

- Bans large-capacity ammunition feeding devices capable of accepting more than 10 rounds.

Protects legitimate hunters and the rights of existing gun owners by:

- Grandfathering weapons legally possessed on the date of enactment

- Exempting over 900 specifically-named weapons used for hunting or sporting purposes and

Exempting antique, manually-operated, and permanently disabled weapons
    Requires that grandfathered weapons be registered under the National Firearms
    Act, to include:

- Background check of owner and any transferee;

- Type and serial number of the firearm;

- Positive identification, including photograph and fingerprint;

- Certification from local law enforcement of identity and that possession would not violate State or local law; and
    Dedicated funding for ATF to implement registration

http://www.feinstein.senate.gov/public/index.cfm/assault-weapons

2. Joe Potosky

Joe Potosky Well-Known Member

I think a ploy!

Put that out knowing that some aspects will be highly criticized.

Offer to modify parts of the bill, but so called assault weapons will be banned.

The papers will call it a grand compromise that we can all live with and a defeat for the NRA.....

3. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

I think you are dead on Joe

4. crusha

crusha TS Member

Bch pls...

Never see the floor of the House...and many of the democrats will secretly be HAPPY, because it will spare them the ordeal of casting a career-destroying vote.

My personal hope is, that Boehner DOES bring it up for a vote, and force the dems to get on record on it...should be worth an extra 15 seats for us in the midterms, above what we're already GOING to win.

Tee it up!

5. wayno

wayno TS Member

buzz: i agree with the content of your post. but don't you realize that calling a united states senator a bitch is neither civilized, nor appropriate. it is offensive to reasonable people on either side of the aisle, and will not win you support except among the right wing radical fringe.

oh, wait--that's where you come from...

wayne harrison
    greensboro, nc

6. John Galt

John Galt TS Member

Dear lefty Obama voter wayno,

buzzy didn't call anybody a bitch. Lying liberal frackers is what I find offensive.

Feinstine isn't a bitch, as you referred to her- she is quite a beach though.

Wayneo, please understand that being referred to as a member of the "right wing radical fringe" is considered to be a compliment by normal people. What would have hurt buzz is to have called him a "limp wristed left wing loser" or if you really wanted to hurt him you could have called a "lefty Obama voter".

Are you sure you aren't an Iowa attorney?

7. crusha

crusha TS Member

That's "right wing wacko fringe" to you, pal.

8. JH

JH Well-Known Member

One would have to be very foolish and incredibly stupid to believe the "assault gun ban" is the only goal of the anti-gun media blitz.

The libtards seek to EUROPEANIZE the USA....the urban/metrosexual/elite wants to impose its "life style"on the rest of us....they seek to change the "gun culture"....the Constitution....the Bible.....traditional values are under attack....gun bans are just a logical extension of the "culture war"....in their eyes, every American city should resemble San Francisco....or, Amsterdam.....

Handguns is really what they are after....assault guns are just the gateway to incremental bans.....

Contact your representative, join the NRA...make them pay at mid-term elections!

9. John Galt

John Galt TS Member

Bangalore, you described wayneo and his ilk to a T in your first sentence.

10. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Anyone remember the "sporting gun exemption list" in the 1994 ban? This was a list of guns that the anti's exempted from any of the ban criteria.

Do any of you remember how many handguns were declared to be sporting on the exemption list?

Zero.

What does that tell you?

11. wayneo

wayneo Active Member

Hey, Hey, Hey....Don't be confusing me (Wayneo) with that newbie wayno....

Please..

Wayne from Fort Wayne

12. Stl Flyn

Stl Flyn Well-Known Member

I was wondering when you would notice that, wayneo.

13. John Galt

John Galt TS Member

OMG, Wayne from Fort Wayne, please accept my humble appology. I really didn't notice the difference, although I wondered why wayn(e)o sometimes seemed rational and other times seemed like a liberal fruitcake. Mystery solved.

14. wayno

wayno TS Member

now galt, that's hilarious, even though an insult. :)

bangalore: i'm curious; have you ever seen the movie (from the mid 60's) named "dr strangelove"? one of the keys to the plot was the totally irrational action of an american bomber group commander, who orders his bomber wing to attack the soviet union, without a basis, because he has gone bonkers and believes that the russians have formulated a plot to capture our "precious bodily fluids", and that the only way to stop this is a full bore atomic first strike. the stuff you spew around here could have come straight from this character, gen'l jack d. ripper.

not that you should stop; i find your stuff very amusing, actually.

wayne harrison
    greensboro, nc

15. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    It's no paranoia if they really ARE out to get you.

16. John Galt

John Galt TS Member

Wayno, like your fellow abulance chaser Eugene, you make me blush with your endless compliments.

Have a slice of waynocake- it's the least I can do for the VP of my fan club. Enjoy!

[​IMG]

17. HSLDS

HSLDS Well-Known Member

Obama, 2008...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.