1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Handgun ban bill in Congress

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Brian in Oregon, Feb 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Kennedy Introduces A Handgun Ban In Congress<br>
    <br>
    Friday, February 22, 2008<br>
    <br>
    In 1974, Senator Edward Kennedy (D-Mass.) said that the “manufacture and sale of handguns should be terminated. Existing handguns should be acquired by the states.” Since then, Kennedy has been the most anti-handgun member of the Senate, having introduced legislation to ban handguns, register handguns, license handgun owners, ban ammunition, authorize the Consumer Products Safety Commission to prohibit the manufacture of firearms and ammunition, and impose waiting periods on handgun purchases.<br>
    <br>
    As we recently reported, on February 7 this year, ten days after endorsing another handgun ban supporter--Senator Barack Obama (D-Ill.)--for president, Kennedy renewed his efforts to ban handguns by introducing S. 2605, a bill that seeks to ban the manufacture, importation, and transfer (sale, etc.) of any semi-automatic pistol that does not possess “a microscopic array of characters that identify the make, model, and serial number of the pistol . . . etched into the breech face and firing pin of the pistol,” and stamp both sets of characters into the cartridge case of a round of ammunition, when the round is fired. On the same day, Representative Xavier Becerra (D-Calif.) introduced an identical bill, H.R. 5266, called the “National Crime Gun Identification Act.”<br>
    <br>
    The Kennedy-Becerra bill is much more severe than the micro-stamping handgun ban passed in California last year. Where the California ban applies only to models of semi-automatic pistols that are produced after January 1, 2010, the Kennedy-Becerra bill would apply to all models of semi-automatic pistols.<br>
    <br>
    Micro-stamping has repeatedly failed in scientific tests. Micro-stampings are easily removed. And most gun crimes cannot be solved by micro-stamping, or do not require micro-stamping to be solved. Additionally, most criminals who use guns get them through unregulated channels, thus micro-stamping may increase gun thefts, home invasions and other burglaries, and expand the black market in guns. Moreover, most guns do not automatically eject fired cartridge cases, only a small percentage of guns will be micro-stamped, and most violent crimes are committed without guns. Finally, micro-stamping would waste money—money that is better spent on traditional crime-fighting and crime-solving efforts.<br>

2. Mike Battista

Mike Battista Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

You would think Sen. Kennedy would be pushing a bill in congress to make auto makers equip their vehicle with personal flotation devices. These devices would activate whenever an auto goes into a body of water.
    Mike Battista

3. bigbore613

bigbore613 Active Member

There once was a Senator from Mass, that went out in search of some sss, he lucked up and found it then mucked up and drowned it and that was the end of his sss. LOL Jeff

4. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

HA, HA, Mike you cracked me up on that one. Kennedy is a dufus for sure

5. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

We are in for some rough times ahead. I'm afraid Democraps will have control of the White House, and will have a bigger majority in the house and senate.

If you are a gun owner, work and produce a product, have a bank account, you are going to have a target on you.

Bisi

6. trappermike

trappermike Well-Known Member

Osams Obama keeps talking about change. We need to change out the senate and the house.

Mike

7. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

When Barack takes office that's all we're going to have left - change.

He's going to take all the folding money.

8. birdogs

birdogs TS Member

By the way, has the Senior Balloon from Mass. learned the name of the person he is backing for Presdent? Is it Osama, or Obama or $%#@?

9. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) Banned User Banned TS Supporters

Maybe we will all get lucky and Kennedy will take Obama for a ride over the bridge, and they will both visit MaryJo. Mike

10. Sgt. Mike

Sgt. Mike TS Member

With the administration that will take over the government next year we will see a large anti-gun movement. Since the "invention" poor word, of human DNA people think a gun can have a DNA. If your shell casing is found at a crime scene you are automatically guilty. It doesn't matter where you shot the ammunition or who picked up the casing, you will be in trouble.

I believe the assault weapon ban, will come back, along with a ban on 50 caliber guns. If the bill is written wrong it could include any 50 caliber gun not just the BMG. We are in for some bad times and each of us will need to make decisions regarding our own guns.

I fail to understand why it's so hard for politicians and the anti-gunners, to understand the 2nd Ammendment. "Stupidity has a habit of getting it's way". Michael

11. Luckyman

Luckyman Active Member

It will never pass...It will take allot of legislation to take away our guns and as long as the NRA is as big as it is we really have nothing to worry about no matter who gets in...

12. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

How big is the NRA? just wondering

13. Luckyman

Luckyman Active Member

Around 4 million....The total number of gun owners 80,000,000! That's right 80,000,000....Good luck in dissarming the U.S. anytime soon!!1

14. jackmitch

jackmitch TS Member

i will state right now i don't have any handguns, rifles, or shotguns. i hope big brother is looking in here and only sees this thread and none of the ones where i talked about the ones i own er i mean used to own.jackmitch

15. jsteenson

jsteenson Member

Lets ban cars,it was a car that killed Mary Joe Copekne(sp),I can't seem to remember who was driving,some guy named Ed.
    Jack

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.