1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Hand surgery

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Leftysmokum, Sep 21, 2013.

1. Leftysmokum

Leftysmokum Member

I have just had the bone below my thumb removed--this is called a-- trapezium removal--this is done to remove severe arthritic pain--on my trigger hand--does any one know how long before I return to shooting--Jim

2. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

Please keep us informed on how well you are doing. Both of my thumbs have arthritis erosion and, at times, terrible and sharp pain. Sometimes I can't put my hands in my jeans pockets. Good luck.

3. dead on 4

dead on 4 Well-Known Member

I have Basal joint arthritis in both thumbs which became so severe they removed they removed the thumb joint replacing it with a piece of tendon grafted from my arm. It's been five months since my first surgery and my thumb is just now up and running a 100%. My doctor would not release me to shoot for four months after the procedure. I'm scheduled to have surgery on the other thumb the 24th of next month. Having two procedures will cost me almost year of shooting down time, but without surgery, I'm useless.................

Surfer

4. eightbore

eightbore Well-Known Member

I am at a loss about what to do with my shooting hand. I have had one surgery by a recognized hand surgeon in my area, but no results. Where is there some information available that will help "us"?

5. pipestone

pipestone TS Member

Has anyone considered or had any experience with a process known as a "Spherical Implant" as an option for repair of the nasal joint rather than trapezium removal?
    Art

6. Bigbaby

Bigbaby Member

I talked to a surgeon today at this huge shoot. He said six to seven months. If ever. He also said it would heal better if you try not to type on the computer. Signed Mike, Ken, Fred, and Tim

7. Leftysmokum

Leftysmokum Member

These guys must be skeet shooters--Trap shooters would not talk like that--ha ha-Jim

8. oletymer

oletymer Member

I had the same procedure done on my thumbs as dead on 4. Each time it was 4 months until the doc said ok to shooting. I recommend that surgery to anyone with that problem. The pain is gone and shooting is a joy once again.