1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Hand pain . LOP? DAC?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Redcobra, Mar 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Redcobra

Redcobra Active Member

Hand pain. LOP? DAC?
    I have 3 Guerinis. When I shoot the Trap unsingle model, after 3 or 4 rounds I get a pain in my hand that runs down my trigger finger to the top of my hand. It also gets stiff like with arthritis and hurts in the tendon below the trigger finger knuckle. This doesn’t happen with my Impact or my Sporting Gun. Looking at the stock dimensions (http://www.gueriniusa.com/PRESS/brochure/CaesarGuerini_Brochure.pdf) the grip to trigger distance is the same and most other dimensions are close. I recently put a Gracoil with adjustable LOP on the gun to shorten the LOP and it didn’t seem to make a difference.
    Any thoughts?

2. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

It's not uncommon. I get it sometimes after I've been shooting. Probably
    a case of tendonitis, but I think that can develop into carpal tunnel syndrome, which is serious. A Gracoil would probably make it worse because you're transferring the recoil away from your shoulder and transferring it to your hands. Some people that get it have to wear a brace on their hands at night and
    often during the day as well.

I haven't shot much in the last three months and mine has gone away. You may have to cut down on your shooting, expecially sporting clays where your hands are much more active than trap shooting.Don't fool with it, it can get serious.
    Good luck.

3. dls guide

dls guide Member

I had that problem a while back and it helped me to go longer in lop. I was gripping the pistol grip too hard and pushing the stock away from my shoulder. Thus, my hands were taking the recoil. Try to relax your hand more and try some more length to keep the stock on your shoulder. It helped me. Good luck.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.