1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Hand eye coordination exercise

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Jim101, Oct 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jim101

Jim101 Active Member

I know this has been around before, But it is fun.

Jim

2. Hipshot 3

Hipshot 3 TS Member

I do alot of funning on this site, but I'm really dead serious about this. Do some of your practice shooting from the hip if you want to do something that REALLY enhances your hand/eye coodination.First, Go out someplace in the woods and suspend a target on a string from a high limb at about the same distance you would shoot at a trap target.Do it on a duck hunt or whatever! Shoot at it from the hip till you can sense where to point the gun in order to hit it. Then, when you start hitting pretty good, try it on the trap range on a moving target.....the only thing you will have to add is the fact that you must keep the gun moving at the shot. If you honestly try this in a dedicated way, I guarantee your shoulder-mounted shooting will come easier and your hits will improve. Don't believe it....then don't try it! Your loss!

3. Hipshot 3

Hipshot 3 TS Member

By the way, I DO practice what I preach. I can now bust about[GIVE OR TAKE A FEW] about 15/25 from the hip. But that's not the idea. The idea is improving your regular shooting....which is DOES DO !

4. Hipshot 3

Hipshot 3 TS Member

Oh yeah.....just one more thing! You got to be unconcerned what ANYBODY else says or thinks when they see you shooting from the hip. Don't bother expanding it to them........just do it!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

hand eye coordination exercises for shooting

trap shooting coordination exercises