1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Hammer'in Harry Hammers on at the Grand!!

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by recurvyarcher, Aug 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

Good shooting!!!

2. foghorn220

foghorn220 Active Member

Way to go hammer just talked to a friend a few minutes ago and he said he broke a 94 in the caps and a 91 in the 16's he said they was tuff targets maybe they are throwing 3 hole targets and no one knows it.

I will be there tomorrow mornig for the week end.

Foggy

3. lju

lju Member

Here's his Hairy-ness enjoying the fruits of his labor:
    http://s189.photobucket.com/albums/z191/gsills1/?action=view&current=HenryCraig.jpg

Also present are Bubba and the Plummer:
    http://s189.photobucket.com/albums/z191/gsills1/?action=view&current=JeroldandBubba.jpg

I for one am only worthy of writing about the great one. But all in all we're having a great time at the Grand. Today the wind blew so hard it up-rooted our shelter and carried it out into the road. Naturally it was right before Handicap started so I got to think about that for 100 targets instead breaking them.

Hope to have more photos of the Grand tomorrow, especially since Foggy is coming to town.

lju

4. lju

lju Member

Well crap, that didn't work too well. One more time then I'll need another drink, or maybe I should have done this first.

http://s189.photobucket.com/albums/z191/gsills1/?action=view&current=HenryCraig.jpg

http://s189.photobucket.com/albums/z191/gsills1/?action=view&current=JeroldandBubba.jpg

5. lju

lju Member

Ok I hope the third time will be a charm. If not I'm definately going to have another drink, this is getting embarrasing.

<a href="http://photobucket.com" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

6. Wink

Wink TS Member

As a member of the Harry the Hammer Fan Club, I was never so proud as I was on Thursday evening as “Hammer'in Harry” won the Veteran class of the George McCarty Handicap. The weather conditions all day were very tough on this veteran as temperatures hovered in the three digit plus area all day in the shade (if you could find any).

The “Hammer” has worked hard to get to this momentous moment. Also contributing to the “Hammer’s” fame are the “Evil Twins” (Trench 12 and BigEd) who were able to successfully eliminate some of the bad habits that “The Hammer” had picked up shooting in IOWAY, his birth state (KY) as well as his winter home (FL).

Congratulations to a great shooter and a heck a good friend.

Wink

7. Go Illini

Go Illini TS Member

Greetings from the cool northern part of Ill. I see the "Hammer " and his vet friend " Crankshaft" are giving you boys a thrashing. I can see it now, next year's Friday handicap will be called, "Hammer'in Harry's" ( bring all you got 'cause I'm gonna whip your ass) handicap. Wish I was there with you guys. Shoot'em up, see you when you get back.

P.S. Don't forget to bring everything home that you took with you!!!

8. Soot Them All

Soot Them All Active Member

Hey Hammer Fans, Congrats Harry good shooting, Also congrats to Crank he bested the mouth with that 95, good shooting.

Also it has been reported that the wrinkly one forgot to load any powder in some shells and had a real embareassing round of 16's.

Thanks Big Ed for posting the milty pics from Iowa, i wonder if that camera will ever work again after all those pic's of Trench AKA Shiek of Iowa trying to keep Cool.

I also heard the Plumber was a little Ill Monday or Tuesday, hope he's feeling better, must have chewed his fingernails, thats a no no for a plumber.

Wish i was there, Steve.....

9. rich A

rich A TS Member

Hats off to the Hammer. Great shooting, pure ability from our leader. You put a little Illinois soil under a KY and he will rise to greatness. May be even President. Not a word about end loaers clearing the field that evening? Also, way to go Crank. You two old timers must have looked like poetry in motion. Roll on!! Dick

10. lju

lju Member

Steve, take it from me the Plumber was about as sick as you'll see a man get on Monday. We actually felt sorry for him. But believe me he's back in full force now. He and I had a jalapeno brat today a big supper and topped it off with ice cream, so he's definately back to normal.

Sorry no pics today, it was so hot we stayed in the shade except for being on the line shooting. Did not do much wandering of the grounds like normal. The number of shooters was up considerably from yesterday.

lju

11. butch's90t

butch's90t Member

Dang, I'm not gonna be able to go head to head with Foggy this time. We are leaving after the Sunday handicap. Wouldn't make any difference, he would wax me again!

Foggy, if you see this before tomorrow we are in a pop-up tent behind bank 19, I think. Want to introduce you to fine bunch of friends.

I do want to thank the crew that assisted me on my efforts. The "evil twins" that got me to straighten up and remove all the junk I had done to my 90T. lju, wink and the plumber that gave me moral support and all the other "fans" that get a good laugh when we get together. HarryC.

12. lju

lju Member

Well I returned his Harry-ness safely to Ioway this afternoon. We had a "Grand" time in Sparta. Yes it was hot, but we were prepared for it (sort of). We almost lost our little hut on Friday to the wind, but thank God for duct tape.

I must report that we had another winner last night. The Plumber won hands down in the ice cream competition. There was a lot of "my man can beat your man" chatter before the bout, but I failed to rise to the ocasion, and must declare defeat. I fear I shamed the Hammer who place so much confidence in my skills at the DQ.

For all the negative folks on here that don't believe the Grand in Sparta will work, there were 481 (or 2) squads of Handicap today, and the place was a-buzz. This was my 3rd trip to Sparta and each time I go there I realize how lucky we are to have such a fine place to compete with each other. I WILL be returning!

lju

13. foghorn220

foghorn220 Active Member

butch's90t

Ok sorry didn't have a laptop with me when I was at the grand and just now seen this thread.

First of all I saw your name on the big scren on winning the vet handicap champion in event 9 I think.

I have a friend that has a recon camper around that area ok there was a Iowa truck next door to my friend that had a big ford truck also he was on the front row next to the last camping spot if this is where your bud's was at then im sorry to not meet them.

Ok im sure you waxed my A** because I shot bad saturday and didn't even shoot today because I took my 24 year old gun to get rebuilt and was ready to go back to the hill's of KY.

So im here and my gun is there

By the way keep on hammering there Harry

Foghorn220

14. Soot Them All

Soot Them All Active Member

Hey lju, You had a icecream eating contest without uncle wrinkles, he's going to cry when i tell him about that,ha ha. Glad to hear the plumber is back to the land of the living. Also glad you'all survived the heat and made it home ok, See Illinois ain't so bad. Steve......

15. butch's90t

butch's90t Member

Note to all! My man (lju) was fouled by Wink and his cohort (the plumber). Wink arrived at the DQ before us and bribed the young lady to make a larger than normal Blizzard for Bubba and a MUCH smaller one for "his man". And then, the plumber gorged himself for at least 8 seconds before the official start of the chow down.

Needless to say Wink and I enjoyed our treats while "our men" had to suffer brain freezes. Just wait for next year.

Foggy, glad you didn't shoot Sunday, I would have had to hide my tail between my legs again as I only shot an 85. Hope to see you either down in FL or at the KY shoot next year.

16. lju

lju Member

OK fans here he is again holding his trophy, boy that could be misunderstood in many ways:

I thought I would also share a few photos from the Grand. Thanks Wink for the great shots!
    A view of the West End.

A view of the East End

Another view of the East End.

lju

17. j l c

j l c TS Member

Congrates Mr. Hammer! I think the HTH Club was well represented by thier Royal leader.

I agree with lju that we are very fortunate to have a facility as great as the one Illinois has put up for all shooting sports. It will grow with tradition as all Grands have in the past and I am honored to be a part of this transistion.

I have a school reunion party at our house Friday evening but hope to see everyone at Otter Creek Sunday. Crank

18. foghorn220

foghorn220 Active Member

Biged

Yeah I would like a Harry the Hammer hat im a fan.

Email me above and I will send you a mailing address.
    I will wear it when im supposed to ok I don't tery to hide anything on here like some does but here is my mailing address I would like to get more mail in my mail box anyway it makes me feel important if I get 4 pieces of mail a week.

Craig Thweatt
    2129 Radio Road
    Almo KY 42020

Also known as Foghorn220

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.