1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Hammer those crappies with my hand tied jigs!

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by powderburn, Mar 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. powderburn

powderburn Member

0   0   0

Hi all,
    I have been hand tying many different color combinations for crappie and panfish jigs this winter. Time to get ready for spring! I have:
    1/100 oz -#10 gold hooks,
    1/80 oz. -#10 gold hooks,
    1/64 oz. -#8 gold hooks,
    1/32 oz. -#4 black sickle style hooks,
    1/16 oz. -#4 black sickle hooks,
    and 1/8 oz. #4 black sickle style hooks.

Head colors are as follows-
    Red, White, Charteuse, flo pink, magenta, dk green, pea green, beige, dk purple, black, brown, flo orange, light blue, standard pink, and gold flake.

Body colors-(chenille)
    black, olive, white, chartruese, flo pink, silver/gold flek-(metallic look), silver flek, shrimp-(kind of beige with a metallic flek to it), and purple. I can tie in another color for a two-tone body look as well. Also, I can tie in a feather, palmer it around the body for a "buggy" look. This, I think, really enhances the jig.

Tail material-
    round rubber legs in black, brown, white, pink, blue, red, chartruese, black/white stripe, black/brown stripe, and orange. I also have many spinnerbait skirts in good colors as well that I use for tails. fire-tiger, olive fleck, brown flek, dark purple/black, and silver flek.

heads are hand painted with acrylic paint, all light colors have an undercoat of white for a brighter finished look. Then, all heads are clear-coated twice for shine and durability. These are not powder painted like factory jigs, but are still fairly durable. (not as hard as factory paint)

1/100 oz, 1/80, and 1/64 are .85 ea.
    1/32, 1/16, and 1/8 are 1.00 each.
    Shipping is generally 3.00 give or take a few cents, thru USPS
    Money orders and cashiers checks are preferred payment.

I can do some pics up and post in a few days if needed. You can do a search for "panfish jigs" to see some older pics of some I tied a while back. I have branched out some since then, and can add some bucktail to the 1/16 and 1/8 oz. jigs. I have, dark purple, black, yellow, brwon and orange. Added to the rubber legs out the back of the jig, the bucktail adds some "meat" to the jigs, and just looks like something a smallie would just rip into.

Send a private msg or an email, and we'll work something out!

Thanks, and good fishin' -powderburn

2. crusha

crusha TS Member

0   0   0

3. oskerspap12

oskerspap12 Active Member

0   0   0

4. powderburn

powderburn Member

0   0   0

5. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Rating - 100%
    37   0   0

Summer daytime crappies hide in the weeds and out of the sun. They come out in the evening and feed voraciously in low light. But they will eat during the day if you find the weed bed they migrate to.
    mia_2008_0303219.jpg

mia_2008_0303220.jpg

6. powderburn

powderburn Member

0   0   0

TTT, and, will be posting pics tonight of recent jigs for you guys to get an idea of what they look like. -powderburn

7. powderburn

powderburn Member

0   0   0

Ooops.......pics will be posted Sunday night. Need my wife to help me with these, and she said, "I am not doing that right now. I am going to sleep." Thought it best not to argue with that. Thanks, -powderburn

8. powderburn

powderburn Member

0   0   0

Oh hogwash on the lead. It's the loon's fault! I bet they taste like day old carp anyway! ;)

9. powderburn

powderburn Member

0   0   0

10. powderburn

powderburn Member

0   0   0

11. powderburn

powderburn Member

0   0   0

12. powderburn

powderburn Member

0   0   0

13. powderburn

powderburn Member

0   0   0

14. powderburn

powderburn Member

0   0   0

TTT for crappie killers........and smallmouth......and 'gills..........and, and, and,...........

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
hand tied crappie jigs

hand tied crappie jigs for sale

sickle hook jigs for bluegill forums