1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Hammer Springs

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by modima, Jul 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. modima

modima TS Member

I'm looking for Beretta DT10 hammer springs.
    Someone can help me?
    Thanks

2. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

Click the link above for Guiliani's site.

Easy to order and quick and cheap shipping.

Whiz

3. modima

modima TS Member

Thanks Whiz, I bought the springs from gmgunparts, economical and he has the newest type DT springs. You are right, he is a very good guy.

4. Ken X

Ken X TS Member

Looks like a great source for the future.

5. HSLDS

HSLDS Well-Known Member

FYI, the springs need to be pre-fitted for the gun. If not they can add quite a bit of friction to your trigger pulls.

I have a set that was given to me by a Beretta tech. They have been polished on the front edge of the 'bend' in the springs as well as all around the the area of the 'knuckle' (the raised and rounded end, not the flat tapered end). This also sets the tension of the springs (i.e., pounds of pull needed to release it). This should be done in a jig that Beretta techs have - I am not sure how this is handled for 'after market' or third party sourced springs.

They are also specific for position - the springs are different, and yo CAN install them incorrectly (if you do one pull will be really light, the other fairly heavy) To tell the springs apart look at them from the sides - just down from the raised knuckle there is a thicker flat area along the spring body. One is visibly thicker and more angled than the other in this area - I forget which goes where but a few second looking before you take the old ones out might save having to re-do this...

Good luck
    David D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.