1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Hammer spring tool, TM-1

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by don q, Oct 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. don q

don q TS Member

Does anyone have a pic of a tool to remove the coil hammer spring on a TM-1 trigger assy. don q

2. don q

don q TS Member

Thanks B.C., MIA is on the trail also. Seems like a lot of guys have their own way to do one. I tried but didn't work well. I have 2 triggers to do.

3. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

Don, just returned home from Ca. tonight, will take a pic of the one I made soon and post it for you. Works slick. Hap

4. Post  2

Post 2 TS Member

Use a tack remover. post-2

5. Hap MecTweaks

Don, here's a pic of one I recently made. I've used other types, home made bent pliers and the forked drivers. The reason I made this pair is I lost my hammer rod using pliers while attempting to install a heavy duty spring on mine! The rod is in one of about 10,000 empty cases,:). The pin ricocheted off 4 walls and disappeared! Probably would have hurt a fellow if it hit him too!

<a href="http://s142.photobucket.com/albums/r104/HapMecTweaks/?action=view┬Ąt=8-20Pics193.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

<a href="http://s142.photobucket.com/albums/r104/HapMecTweaks/?action=view&current=8-20Pics214.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

Small Sears vice grips, a John Deer slave pin and a master link from a Harley chain and a little experimenting and out comes the safest and best I've ever used. I still have to cut down the slave pin which fits over the guide base and dress up the ends. The slave pin is notched out to hold the spring in place to prevent it slipping out when compressing the spring. Installing the heavy duty spring with them as is was a snap, lock it, load it and release. A pretty fair "tweak" that works well. Hap

6. X Trap 2

X Trap 2 TS Member

7. don q

don q TS Member

Thanks, everybody responded with super ideas, smart and simple. don q

8. Hap MecTweaks

Howdy Jack, you bein a tweaker also, I didn't think you'd use that crowbar long! Mines now ready for my shooting bag. Hap

Added new pic above.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.