1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

hammer spring for 3200

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by grunt, Jan 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

Want to change the hammer springs in my 3200. Removed the struts from the receiver. I dont have anything to compress the springs to remove or replace. The old spring its on the strut with the 1/16 pin holding it on. I need to compress old spring to remove the pin and install the new spring. Ive checked Brownells for a tool but no luck. Anyone got any ideas short of sending gun to Leib. Dave

2. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

hammer sprind for 3200

There is no need to replace the spring unless it is broken. When it is broken you do not need a special tool to get it out. Never seen a broken spring, what usually breaks is the cocking rod that runs through the center of the spring. The spring is very powerful and IMHO never wears out. A new spring needs to be compressed and pinned on a new rod. You can compress it in a vise using a small metal cylinder placed over the end of the rod. You need to cut a slot at the end of the cylinder so you have room to slide a little pin in the rod to hold the compressed spring in place. Then put it in the receiver and pull the pin. If it ain't broke leave it alone. HMB

3. 320090T

320090T Well-Known Member

hammer sprind for 3200

I have broken two springs over the years and you replace the whole unit, removing the pin after assembly.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.