1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Hamilton Ontario Family Fair Shoot photos

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Chocolateman, Jan 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chocolateman

Chocolateman Member

Today was the annual Family Fair Shoot - A long tradition @ HGC.
    1st shoot of the New Year for us @ HGC.
    We never know what to expect in terms of conditions and weather.

Today we got lucky, little wind, cool temps. But overall good conditions and an excellent turnout. @ least we didn't have the rain,snow, wind or all three.

It was good to see everyone out shooting again.

I applogize in advance for not taking great photos. When I arrived @ the club I noticed my batteries were dead and my backup set had little life left in them.

However, I managed to take a a few photos and wanted you all to get an appreciation of our conditions up North.

Enjoy.

Phil MacDonald

P.S. We left before the results were posted, hopefully someone who was there will chime in and post results.

chocolateman_2009_0604163.jpg

chocolateman_2009_0604164.jpg

chocolateman_2009_0604165.jpg

chocolateman_2009_0604166.jpg

chocolateman_2009_0604167.jpg

chocolateman_2009_0604168.jpg

chocolateman_2009_0604169.jpg

chocolateman_2009_0604170.jpg

chocolateman_2009_0604171.jpg

2. Beretta687EELL

Beretta687EELL Well-Known Member

Chloe, that is a really nice hat. Thanks for the pictures, Phil. It was a really nice day today. Bill Malcolm

3. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

And this club is where?

It should be a requirement to put the location of the club on every club post.

4. KennyRay

KennyRay Active Member

Chocolateman, thanks for posting the pictures. And, good shooting as noted by your picture on the cover of Trap & Field December 2011.

I'm alread planning my next border crossing.

Kenny Ray

5. dougp

dougp TS Member

it was 32f , today in Hamilton , a bonus for all of us , , as mentioned no snow , rain sleet , did not have to use the snowblower to get to the line . . good you took photos , , the southern boys would call this to cold but us snow birds on both sides of the border would take this weather anytime on Jan 8th.

6. shotgunpeople

shotgunpeople Active Member

Phil,

Next January will you have the grounds people MOW the lawn for your pictures ? LOL

Amazing winter when you can see green grass in Canada. Hope to get up across the border to see you when we return to NY for the summer. By the way, is that a lead reclaimation operation going on in the background or just more added berm ?

Have a great winter..

Dave in SC

7. Chocolateman

Chocolateman Member

Bill, it was good seeing you today, can't wait to see the "new" Kolar and great scores that will come with it.
    FYI, Chloe shot well with the hat, I'm thinking about getting one for myself.

Kenny, looking forward to seeing you this year North of the Border, you are always welcome.
    FYI, in case you didn't recognize him, that is Dan "Grizzly Adams" Tartick holding his late Christmas gift. We both shot well @ the NE Grand and ended up on the cover of T&F. Wanted to give him a little gift to remember the special occasion and let him know we appreciate his support when he visits us and our Ontario shoots.

Dave, the grass is green and if this keeps up we may have to mow it.
    Hamilton has both a lead reclaimation project going on last summer (I think it is complete?) and they have added to the berm.
    Lots going on @ HGC, they are putting in some great improvements and I am looking forward to our Ontario Championships this year.
    HGC has one of the best backgrounds for shooting IMHO.
    Attached is a picture I took @ the 2011 provincials s @ the entrance to HGC and the reclaimation details

chocolateman_2009_0604122.jpg

8. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

How far out is the "berm"?

We have virtually no snow either in Minneapolis this year. (but we cut our grass this fall) Hah!

So much for the snowy winter they predicted for the upper midwest.

9. Tar

Tar TS Member

Hi Phil; thank you for the gift and all the nice comments. Your pictures where great, it really captured the day. I had a fantastic day, it is always nice hanging out with you and your family. Looking forward to seeing you guys this summer. Thanks again for the fun time shooting, always a pleasure. Dan Tartick

10. snowbird14

snowbird14 TS Member

Hi Phil,

Are those new Northern Shield winter shooting coats?
    Say hello to everyone for me.

Doug

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.