1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Hallucinate after only a few hours??? Lost Hiker

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by pyrdek, Apr 8, 2013.

1. pyrdek

pyrdek Well-Known Member

Seems sort of odd to me to start to hallucinate after only a few hours, The lost hiker in California does not remember anything after only a few hours in the woods and only a little while after finishing off their three bottles of water. There was no mention of hypothermia or eating anything from the forest. You should be able to make it at least a full day or two before dehydration starts. It does sound a bit like a bad acid trip or magic mushrooms however. They wanted "touch the clouds"???? I wonder if the lost hikers were drug tested.

The full article available Here

Here is a few lines from the article.

"ORANGE, Calif. (AP) — One of two hikers who got lost in the Southern California wilderness last week said Monday she remembers little about her four-day ordeal because she began hallucinating on the first night after the pair finished the three bottles of water they had and darkness fell.

"Kyndall Jack, 18, and her friend, Nicolas Cendoya, went missing on March 31 in Cleveland National Forest after wandering off a trail during what they thought would be a short day hike. The pair had picked the hike on the popular Holy Jim Trail almost at random after deciding they wanted to climb to a mountaintop to "touch the clouds," Jack said at a brief news conference.

"She said the last thing she remembers is fighting off an animal with Cendoya after darkness fell, but she does not recall how the two got separated or what she did between then and her rescue. She hallucinated she was being eaten by a python, she tried to eat rocks and dirt, and thought that tree twigs were straws from which she could suck water.

"I honestly didn't even know I was missing, I didn't know I was gone, I didn't know anything was going on," she said. "I just thought I was in a big dream."

2. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

Good thing the roofies wore off.

Bob Falfa

3. wireguy

wireguy TS Member

They both "lost" their shoes? Sounds like a couple of earth worshiping pot heads to me.

4. fast gun

fast gun Active Member

Probably the same stuff alice used to get to wonder land

5. Claydotter

Claydotter Active Member

...............wow..............man........... That`s some good S--t!............

6. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Here's the really sad part:

<i>"Another Orange County reserve sheriff's deputy who participated in the rescue slipped and fell 10 feet, hitting his chest on a rock before falling another 50 feet and hitting his head. He suffered cuts to his head, a punctured lung, broken ribs and other injuries. He was released from intensive care over the weekend and upgraded to fair condition."</i>

They put rescuers needlessly in danger with their stupidity.

Another news article about this cited that rescuers had 560 such cases last year of hikers being lost in these woods.

7. ysr_racer

ysr_racer Active Member

I lived in Rancho Santa Margarita for 10 years, and this is the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard.

Getting lost for four days up there is like saying I got lost in the WalMart parking lot.

Here's a mountaineering tip for you guys, If you walk UP hills to the falls, you walk DOWN hill to the parking lot.

8. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

Tomorrows News Flash: Lost hiking Morons discover that their Smartphones have a GPS app...DoH!!!

9. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

Sounds like a Greatful Dead show.

10. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

She thought she was being eatin by a Python and fighting off an animal, must of been one of them Wilderness Love in and pot smoking parties that went bad or good depending on how you look at it ... Somebody slipped her something (can I say that ..?) and the next thing you know she don't remember anything, HUH ...? Those were the days ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

11. drgondog

drgondog Member

LSD still around? Morons still hikin'? Every person who passes into any national territory should have to sign a document making them financially responsible for rescues..

Just sayin'

Bill the curmudgeon

12. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

Must have some really good mushrooms in them thar hills

Phil Berkowitz

13. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Why is this no surprise?

14. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

Pretty expensive trip - they need a better travel agent.