1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Hall of Fame Museum Director

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by clayman51, Oct 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. clayman51

clayman51 Member

Congrats to Kenny Ray Estes on being named Hall of Fame Director.

Read the full story on http://www.nssf.org/SCTP/

Dennis Menning

Kentucky SCTP Director

2. KennyRay

KennyRay Active Member

Thank you very much Dennis. It was indeed an honor to be given an opportunity to work in a field that I absolutely treasure. I will do the very best I can to continue the work started by those who felt as I do when the Hall of Fame was orginized back in 1968. I appreciate your nice words and as everyone knows . . . I've got a big pair of shoes to fill in carrying on the legacy of a representative like our friend the late Dick Baldwin.

May I also offer my thanks to you for donating your time as State SCTP Director. SCTP Directors, Coaches & Assistant Coaches demonstrate their committment to making the shooting sports better, year after year, by introducing new folks to the sport.

I remain hopeful that others will follow the example of these great supporters and attempt to introduce just 'one new shooter to trapshooting' during this target year.

If we all made the promise to try, not only would we bring in new members, but we would also teach kids and their parents that there is nothing evil about owning a firearm, despite what they are being told. With the Scholastic Clay Target Program, I have seen parents pick up a shotgun for the first time in their life just to be able to shoot with their child. They often join the ATA . . . they join local clubs . . . they support our sport. They teach others that shooting is fun!

So, may I thank you and all the volunteers who give their own time to introduce young school age children to trapshooting. I tip my hat to you all!

Kenny Ray

3. clayman51

clayman51 Member

Kenny,

Thank you Sir for your kind words also. It indeed was a sad day when our friend Dick Baldwin left us but looking on the bright side he has left us with so much in the way of his writings,his legacy will live on.

The Scholastic program has become a huge success because of the commitment of so many fine Coaches and Directors and I am proud to be a part of that. This is the shot in the arm that our sport needed if it was going to continue on as we know it today. I too applaud each any everyone who has taken a part in that.

You will do a fine job as Hall Of Fame Director and I think Dick will be looking over you to help you along the way.

Best wishes to you again.

Yours in sports

Dennis Menning

4. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

Congratulations, Kenny. I know you will do a very good job.

5. phirel

phirel TS Member

Congratulations Kenny. The H of F is facing some difficult decisions and I know your input will be welcomed. Assuming this job during a transition period will be difficult but you will be able to help guide the H of F into the future.
    I will help any way I can and I promise not to play little tricks on you like I did with Dick. When Dick left his gun on the line at the Grand one day, I don't know how it got into my locker. Did you know that Dick would make quite a fuss if someone took a box of his Remington shells and replaced it with a box of Winchester shells?

Pat Ireland

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.