1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Half Moon shaped barrel ports ???

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by 3357, Jul 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 3357

3357 Member

I just purchased a well used but sound BT-99 as a project gun to build up and restore as a trap gun for my wife. It has 4 moon shaped ports milled into each side of the muzzle for recoil management. I have never seen any ports like this before.

Does anyone know who used to do ports like this (one friend mentioned Herb Orre).

I am unable to post photos but the job was well done. Any info or insight will be most appreciated. Jess

2. 3357

3357 Member

Rey, Thank you for the info, I checked their web site but no photos or detailed description. I will call them monday and ask for info. Jess

3. ExFedex

ExFedex Active Member

Great question as I have the same porting on my TMX. Have no complaints with it at all but it did melt the legs off of my light pipe front sight. Thanks for the info. Bill H.

4. Ljutic111

Ljutic111 TS Member

I have the same on my older Ljutic Mono . Never have seen another like them . I also would like to know who did this work .

5. Chip Pitcairn

Chip Pitcairn TS Member

6. nitroexpress500

nitroexpress500 TS Member

Might be briely porting, they look like a curved tear drop

7. blizzard

blizzard Active Member

I had them on a Miroku, and they ended up splitting between the ports. Ended up with a 26" cyl./cyl!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.