1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Haley Dunn Captures World Cup Gold

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by wireguy, Jun 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wireguy

wireguy TS Member

From THE OUTDOOR WIRE: picture at link

Friday, June 18, 2010

Haley Dunn Captures World Cup Gold

Lonato, Italy - Haley Dunn, 25 claimed her first Gold medal of 2010 at the shotgun World Cup in Lonato, Italy taking her first step toward the 2012 Olympic Games.

Dunn, who is ranked #1 nationally, is making her second appearance on the 2010 World Cup circuit. Smashing 73 out of 75 targets, she entered the Final with a one target lead over the rest of the field. Missing only one target in the Final, Dunn ended the day hitting 97 out of 100.

"This is so exciting for me. It's great to be back on the World Cup podium, it's been a while", said Dunn, "I am back and my next aim is the World Championships in Munich." Dunn, the alternate at the 2008 Olympic Games in Beijing won her last medal at the World Cup in Kerrville, TX in 2008. She also took Gold at the 2007 Pan American Games in Rio De Janeiro.

In a field of 60 women that included Olympic and World Champions, Dunn marched through the competition never relinquishing her lead. "In 2008, I lost the spot on the U.S. Olympic team by one target," she said. "After that, it took me a while to reevaluate all my thoughts and feelings. I now feel that I finally made it."

Dunn started competing in 2001 and has been a member of the USA Shooting Team for over 10 years.

2. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

WOW!! She sounds like another Annie Oakley whippin butt all over the world! I hope she prevails in the Olympic games too! Hap

3. acorange

acorange Well-Known Member

Iowa native....[Eddyville}

You go girl.

4. shrek

shrek Active Member

Good for her!!!!!

5. dbcook

dbcook TS Member

i used to tip a few with her old man.it appears that haley can shoot as well as her old man{larry} could tip.em.very nice young lady. hope she has continued success..dwain

6. eightbore

eightbore Well-Known Member

I notice that Caitlin Connor, USA, is shooting a K-Gun. I also notice that the Italian girl is shooting without glasses. Some shooters at 2008 Bejing shot without glasses when it was raining. I hadn't seen shooters without glasses in good weather. I guess some never wear them.

7. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

Nice to see Alexandra Chiang's name in the skeet competition.

She has shot for Lindenwood in our collegiate event for 2 or 3 years now. Very nice young lady.

8. Baber

Baber TS Member

Unfortunitly a number of European shooters shoot without galsses. There is no rule mandating it or ear protection. it's crazy but they do.

TB

9. Dave P

Dave P TS Supporters TS Supporters

I'd like to see the shotgun up close the last shooter form the Emerites was using-strange looker

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

haley dunn trap shooter