1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Haiti and the 2nd Amendment

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by Bushmaster1313, Jan 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bushmaster1313

Bushmaster1313 Well-Known Member

Anyone see any mention that the tragedy in Haiti is one reason why the right to keep and bear arms is a God given right and not a privilege to be doled out and regulated by Democrats.

2. crusha

crusha TS Member

I actually think liberals enjoy watching people squirm in the muck with each other. That sort of Sally Struthers drama titillates them, gives them a sense of purpose in life.

3. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

No I haven't seen any mention of it and really don't expect to.

How would an amendment to the United States Constitution have anything to do with a bunch of poverty stricken people in a third world crapper that just got turned upside down by an earth quake?

It isn't like any of them could afford an AR15 anyway. Besides they do pretty good whacking each other up with machetties.

Or is this like Danny Glover's opinion that the earthquake was a response to 'our' failures at the global climate change summit?

4. Tripod

Tripod Well-Known Member

Machetties are arms as well.

5. no5shooter

no5shooter Member

I think Bushmaster's point might be that the looting has started and if you're already dealing with a crisis you don't want to lose what you have left to some low-life thief. Remember what happened in New Orleans after Katrina, when "the authorities" decided to confiscate all the privately-owned firearms and folks were left defenseless in an already-bad situation. And if I've misinterpreted, it wouldn't be the first time...

6. scott calhoun

scott calhoun Well-Known Member

When did the right to keep and bear arms become a "God given right"?

Scott

7. larryjk

larryjk Member

Scott, Read the constitution, especially the Bill Of Rights. The second amendment says it was the constitution, not God.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.