1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Hail Storm...

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by bigdogtx, May 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

Glad I didn't get caught out in something like this...

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/OFv2W7Duqiw&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/OFv2W7Duqiw&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

2. Porcupine

Porcupine Active Member

Almost unbelievable ....... where was this?

LA in MA

(Edit: Big DUH here; I wasn't paying attention!)

3. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

In 1993 I was in charge of a catastrophe team settling hail claims in ElDorado Kansas and another hail storm dropped some big ones. I laid my baseball type hat on the ground besides two hail stones and they were as big as my hat. I have the photos and will post them if I can find them

4. oneidcharlie

oneidcharlie Member

5. Kim Little

Kim Little Member

Wow, adds new meaning to the "sky is falling." Kim

6. Auctioneer

Auctioneer Well-Known Member

Across the MT in my area, they had hail that was the size of softballs. It beat the hell out of cars and the car dealers were going nuts. The cars they showed on the news had dents and broken windows all around the cars.

I had a friend who was deer hunting my place and was caught in a hail storm. He said even under a cedar tree tey still hurt when he got hit by the hail.

Hail is nothing to fool around with when its falling.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.