Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Had Ulnar nerve surgery today ( elbow )

698 views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  blizzard 
#1 ·
was wondering if any others on here have had this? how long before shooting again? successful, etc..........

Brett D.

#2 ·
I had the ulnar nerve moved from it's "notch" to under a muscle in March or April of this year. I had a period of not lifting more than 5 lbs of some 6 weeks with the first 2 weeks having the soft wrap (not a cast) remaining on the arm. This surgery was to relieve impingment (pinching) of the nerve in the elbow and to stop atrophy in the wrist and hand. I began shooting immediately after the 6 week period but it was a couple of rounds the first time, 100 birds a week later, then 100 bird days at a State Shoot and sporting clays before I began shooting 200 birds a day at shoots. I'm still not up to 300 bird days but other physical dilemmas and condition and age may have a bearing as well as the arm. I've concluded, in my case, this year will not return to "normal" and we'll see what occurs next....breakemall....Bob Dodd

#3 ·
thanks for the response, bob. mine wasn't that involved. they didn't have to relocate, just remove a bunch of scar tissue and release the " kink in the hose".

i'm on my way to philadelphia in a month to take the certified welding inspectors course and exam. it lasts for a week, i hope writing won't be a problem, or at least any worse than trying to type left handed!

brett d.

#5 ·
Blizzard..... I had my surgery 27 Sept o6 and started shooting 6 weeks later. I increased it after 8 weeks and shot as much as I wanted. Started weight lifting then also, started with 10# and increased it 5# every week. I still have some tingling in the little finger but the Doctor said it repairs it self 1 inch per month starting at the elbow. I've got about 6 months to go.

I started noticing a problem when loading shells, reach in and grab a handfull of wads and was droping them all over the floor. I couldn't feel them in my hand.

My shootings back to normal AAA 16 25.5 yd AA doubles Hang in their it will get better.

Gary

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.