1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Had to watch a commericial to get gas???

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by senior smoke, Oct 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. senior smoke

senior smoke Well-Known Member

Hello:
    Here in the Milwaukee area I usually go to a corner gas station chain called Clarks. Have no idea if they are any where else in the country or not. Today, I paid $3.25.9 per gallon which is a good price around here.

They have a new type of gas pump where you press an arrow that says pay by charge card, by debit card, or cash. You press it and normally the amount clears itself to zero and you start pumping gas.

Today, it had a small screen in the middle and before the pump would allow you to get gas, it forced you to watch video commerical for a lending company. It took about a full minute before I could pump gas.

I asked the kid that works for Clarks if we now have to endure watching a commerical before we are allowed to pump gas? He said it's the luck of the draw. He said all I know is that if you want more info, you need to talk to the owner who was not there at the time.

Any one ever see this type of gas pump before? I can't stand commericals on Tv and I hope we will not have to watch them at the gas station in the future too.
    Steve Balistreri

2. midalake

midalake Well-Known Member

And who said business owners are not greedy!!!!

GS

3. Catpower

Catpower Molon Labe TS Supporters

Steve ignore the riff raff

But there have been a couple stations that I have stopped at that had TV feed to a small screen on the pump, but I didn't have to wait for the pump to start before a commercial.

4. BT-100dc

BT-100dc Active Member

Next thing you know is that you'll have to watch a commercial before you can use the toilet. Years ago they had pay toilets and those pis-ed off the end users. Hopefully it doesn't spill over to voting machines. BT100dc

5. pyrdek

pyrdek Well-Known Member

If you HAVE to watch a commercial BEFORE you can get the pump to put gas in your tank, I think I will ALWAYS leave enough gas in my tank to drive to a different station.

6. RobertT

RobertT Well-Known Member

At least it wasn't an Obama campaign ad.

7. senior smoke

senior smoke Well-Known Member

I will give it more more try. If I have to stand and watch a commercial in order to fill up my gas tank I'll go elsewhere. Obviously, extra income for the gas station. I can not see people standing even if it's only a minute in our cold winter climate.

Steve

8. John Galt

John Galt TS Member

Good fishing ole smokey.

9. bigbore613

bigbore613 Active Member

Here I sit Brokenhearted paid a nickel to sit and only farted!!!

10. likemybrownings

likemybrownings Active Member

I just dont understand why someone would go to a specific place to get gas??? I have GAS all the time.

DaveB.

11. Bruce Specht

Bruce Specht Well-Known Member

All I have to do is eat fiber to get gas. Try Senior LOL had to do it

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.