1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Had fun shooting Flying Rats HE HE HE

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Bawana, Oct 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bawana

Bawana TS Member

I have some pigeons in the barn for most of the summer. With doing work around the farm and having outsiders working on the house I just could not shoot them when they were there. Well today the workers left early and I got he shotgun out with my duck loads. Hell this will do nicely, it was the only ammo I had at hand. I went in the barn and clapped my hands. They started to fly around and out they came. I got to the barn door as they left and shot. I knew I hit the first one and got a second one. After the others left I noticed a BIG BALL OF FEATHERS floating in the wind. It must have been about 4 foot across. I could not help myself from laughing so hard. My load is a heavy 1400 fps 4 shot. Yes I know over kill but it was fun. I will see if I can get some more on Tuesday. LOL.

2. buzzgun

buzzgun Member

Bawana, nothing, and I mean _nothing_, is better for the soul, than seeing that cloud of feathers hanging in the air on a calm day...taking 5 minutes or so to finally reach the ground, like snow...man, makes me want to go pop some them bastards right now.

Thanks for the pick-me-up...

3. GoldEx

GoldEx Active Member

Man, I thought you were talking about sea gulls.

Jeff

4. ljutic73

ljutic73 Well-Known Member

they roost in my steel quonset and I stand to the side of the door and shot 'em with my skeet gun...what a hoot...been doin' it for 25 years and they keep breeding and comin' back for more...

5. Rick173

Rick173 TS Member

It's not the sport I enjoy it's the sake of killing. I have shot pigeons for farmers for 45 years and still do. What a bunch of fun.
    Shoot well
    Rick Shoop PA

6. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Banned User Banned TS Supporters

Shame on you people. It's not right to enjoy killing living things for fun.

Are you gonna invite me sometime!!

7. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Bawana, make it tougher, use the M1A.

Never had the pigeon fun to any degree. Love to shoot pdogs, though. People don't understand the pests need to be eliminated.

Tough. Shoot away.

HM

8. Gargoyle!

Gargoyle! TS Member

Flying Rats = a big mess in the barn from their droppings. Bad hay because of that. White marks on the barn frames. Their bird nests all over the place trashing up the barn and so on. Anyone who saids we should not shot them needs to go to a barn and clean up after them. Keep your area green. Shoot more pigeons.

9. peanut gallery

peanut gallery TS Member

Gar maybe me an ole Berl D can come over and shoot som rats

10. code5coupe

code5coupe Member

I went out Saturday, to a dairy farm in the valley, and shot pigeons. I got 116 of the rats before I got a headache from the sun and looking up so much, and picked everything up and went home.
    The dairy owner has even offered to buy my shells, but I'm glad to supply the ammo myself. I'd rather shoot pigeons more than anything except ducks.
    Any other pigeon shooters in the San Diego area? I'll trade some shoots with you. I have my own pigeon decoys.

11. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Banned User Banned TS Supporters

MIA, how close are you to PA? I'll probably have to close my eyes when the feathers fly as I'll be so upset!!

12. handlepuller

handlepuller Well-Known Member

My dad and I have had some darn good pigeon shoots and they have probably been some of the funnest times together we've ever had.

Found out this year that they like to come in and check out a Mojo dove decoy too.

13. Bawana

Bawana TS Member

UPDATE: I went back Tuesday afternoon and the pigeons were not at home. I went back today in the morning and heard them in the barn. I could not shoot them because of the workers at the house. So I went back in the afternoon and they were not in. DAMN they don't want to play for some reason. I will now have to wait till Sat morning to shoot some more. I will let you all know what happens. Shoot more pigeons.

14. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

I remember about 15 years ago near Dublin Ohio 3 of us shot over a 1000 pigeons we ran out of shells and had to go home and reload and came back to shoot more we ended up with over a 1000 pigeons and that farmer was really glad because they were making the cows sick with their droppings all over the hay in the loft. Never ever ran across that many pigeons inone place again.

I have several farms that I still shoot pigeons at, it is great fun.

Dr.longshot

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.