1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Had enough of winter yet?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by short shucker, Feb 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

This poor fella has.

<a href="http://s299.photobucket.com/albums/mm301/ecshooter/?action=view&current=GetAttachment1.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

ss

2. rmngtngrl

rmngtngrl TS Member

LOL.... If I lived in the snow I would feel the same way.....

Kym

3. Uncle Sam

Uncle Sam Member

I've had enough....for real........Uncle Sam, Northwest Pa.

4. Shooting Jack

Shooting Jack Active Member

I live 70 miles north of Jacksonville Fl and we have had the coldest winter in over the twenty years. I haven't had snow here but I've had enough winter. It's supposed to be 26 here in the morning and was 27 this morning when I left for work. I'm dying to go speck fishing but it's just been to cold and the lakes are muddy too. Jackie B.

5. puablo

puablo Well-Known Member

Enough here too...hasn't been that bad, but long for sure! I can remember in our store many years ago when a story/joke was passed around about the winter. I cant remember it, but it went along the lines of a family moving to New England from down south for the first time...well, at first they were saying all the things they loved about their new paradise, then it sure went downhill fast with the winter leveling them with all kinds of snow.
    If any one has a copy, it would be cool to see it again. Sure will be glad to start shooting again for the season!
    Take care, puablo

6. Baber

Baber TS Member

It's going to stay cold till Al Gore hollers uncle!

7. dimapower

dimapower Member

Heck yes. I'm tired of the cold - 5th coldest on record for Charlotte. Avg high in Feb so far is 36. Avg high should be in the 50's

8. ctreay

ctreay Member

Puablo - - Here you go!

9/12/09
    Well we have just finished moving into our new home here in Lewis county in Northern NY. We just love it

11/24/09

It snowed last night!!!I woke up to find everything blanketed with white. It looked just like a post card. We went outside and cleaned the snow off the steps and shoveled the driveway. We had a snowball fight(I won), And then the snowplow came by. We had to shovel the driveway again. What a beautiful area. We love it here in Northern NY.

12/2/09

Well all the snow has melted. I sure hope we get some more.

12/12/09

More snow last night!! I love it!! The snowplow did his trick again at the end of the driveway.

12/19/09

More snow. Couldn't get out of the driveway to get to work. I am exausted from shoveling.

12/22/09

More of the white shit fell last night. I've got blisters on my hands from shoveling. I think fu**1ng snow plow hides around the corner and waits until I'm done with the driveway, a$$h@1e!

12/26/09

Merry fu**ing Christmas, more goddamn snow! If I ever get my hands on thet son-of-a-bi!@h that drives that snowplow I swear I'll kill him.

12/27/09

More of the white shit last night! Been inside for three days! Can't go anywhere. Cars are stuck in a mountain of snow! The weather man say's to expect another 10 inches of this fu**1n white shit tonight! Do they have any idea how many shovels-full of snow 10 inches is?

12/28/09

The weather man was wrong!, we got 14 inches of the white shit!!At this rate it won't melt until August! The snow plow got stuck up the street. The guy asked me if he could use my shovel, I hit him over the head with it.

ctreay

9. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

Yes - I leaving for Florida Sat.

Don

10. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Beautiful sunny day here in the upper 50's. Tomorrow it's supposed to hit 61. Sunny skies until next Wednesday. Eat your heart out.

11. Shooting Jack

Shooting Jack Active Member

Brian, I stayed in Eugene for a couple of months back in the 80's and I don't believe I ever saw it in the 60's that fall. I picked black berries in August and there was frost in the morning. LOL I never saw country so pretty as it was in the Sister's mountain area. Jackie B.

12. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

We have so much snow, the deer and turkeys are coming to the house to eat bird seed dropped by the bluejays. Had 8 Turkeys under my bird feeders today. Damn if I could find a camera.

13. Jim R

Jim R Ljutic Nut TS Supporters

My tulips are out of the ground and about 4” high, the daffodils must be 8" high. I have lived 40 miles north of Seattle all my life and I have never seen weather like this. I was out waxing the truck today in a tee shirt. I would like to thank all you guys in Florida that traded winters with us. 14 years ago on this date we had 3 feet of snow here on the ground.

I think I might have to become a democrat because I’m loving this “Global Warming”

14. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Jackie, our weather varies considerably here. Right now unusually warm ocean currents are giving us a mild winter. Other years it's been like what the midwest and east are getting. And it's not unusual in some areas here to have snow in August. Valerie and I were herded out of a campgrounds in Crater Lake National Park in mid-August many years ago because of a sudden blizzard. We've also been to the Steens Mountains in mid-July and found the snow gates were still closed.

15. M-16

M-16 TS Member

Jim R glad you have global warming were your at, but it missed us in western Pa

16. al391claybuster

al391claybuster TS Member

Well Folks, we've had a measurable snow fall every month of the year in Lakeview, Oregon in the 40 yrs I've lived here. Brian I think we're still in for a nasty spring. Thanks David

PS Jim thanks again for the wonderful deal on the Model 12. AA+

17. puablo

puablo Well-Known Member

CTREA, thanks alot for posting that one...that was it! I can still remember my father cracking up over it now. Take care, Puablo

18. dbcook

dbcook TS Member

i,m beginning to think iowa is like wyoming.only 2 seasons. winter & august.dwain

19. Ted K.

Ted K. Member

Ahh, whatever happened to global warming..... don't you miss it?

What could be better than global warming as an example of not realizing how good you have it until you lose it?

Global warming - wasn't it wonderful?

20. checker

checker Member

Yep...Global warming....
    [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.