Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

H & R trap gun

2K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  dverna 
#1 ·
I know this has been covered many,many times. In particular by a gentleman named TRON, who showed via pictures,as well as very descriptive text what can be done with this very inexpensive trap gun. This has helped me; a smart.dumb guy about a project. Figure that statement out.
Any updates.As far as availability,price,etc.? I thirst for knowledge on this gun.
Unlike some who write into this site, I am not trying to be a smart ass.
Thank you very much.
In the past, I have sent in a donation to this site. Where & TO WHOM do I send the check?
Joe Jordan

#5 ·
Hey - I have had two H&R trap guns and still have one of the Grade II models; and you will have a really hard time beating them - especially for the money. If you were one of the lucky 300 or so that got to buy one new, you have a life time warranty. If you were one of the 35 or so that got to buy the Grade II, they are really pretty. I have shot probably 20,000 + targets with one and not had any trouble with them. Only problem you will have is that you will be the only person shooting one, so you will think you have to have a K-80 or something to fit in - and you really don't - the H&R will do anything you need it to do. The POI is rather high though - probably going to hit about 90/10. Their idea about tri-bore is kind'a unique and probably does throw a nicer pattern than most. The gun is made by a quality gun maker, and you will see once you handle it, that it has great quality to it. I found it to be a little light so I put a pound of lead in the butt -- however, a RAD II would do just as nice. the beav

#6 ·
I think when Tron posted his report I was the slightly (very slightly) overweight shooter.

The gun is not bad. Hard to beat if you must have something new.

For a small shooter, recoil will be a bit stout. One ounce loads are suggested.

A better option is to save up for a used BT-99. You will always get your money out of the BT-99 and it has a better trigger. Plus it is a real trap gun.

Don Verna

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.