Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

H&R Trap gun

2K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  perga1 
#1 ·
First post on this site, just wanted to get some info out on this shotgun. Well, Im just a 'having fun at it' trap shooter, still waiting to break 25. Up until last Saturday I was using my trusty skeet barrel 1100. I was getting tired of digging out those shells from the shell catcher that it somehow would turn around and shove back in front of the bolt. I saw the H&R trap gun advertised back in January as coming out in March. Well, Zanders didn't get any until a couple weeks ago, and went ahead and ordered one.

It is nicely made, all pinned together, good fit and finish. It's new, so the lock up is solid, no slop at all. It will eject a shell back to the clubhouse if your not ready to catch it. It is light though, and even with the cushy Pachmayr butt pad, by my third round I was grimacing on the recoil. Didn't have this problem with the 1100, so now ordered a vest with a pad.

After checking the pattern, which my cohorts evaluated as having a great spread, and looked good to me too, went out to give her a run. If I hadn't gotten so excited as I went through my first round, I think I would have busted the whole 25. The white beads were perfect for me, I guess I wasn't seeing the beads on the 1100 that well.

Going to remove the butt pad to see how big the stock screw access hole is and maybe get some of the counterweights from Brownells to put in there.

For anybody wanting to try a single shot for trap, without alot of expense, this is a good purchase for young or old.

Charlie in NC

See less See more
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.