1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

?H&R Topper

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by jm1079, Feb 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jm1079

jm1079 Well-Known Member

May I request info or feedback on this gun especially the trigger pull? Am thinking of building a 28 gauge or 410 trap gun for my young kids. Thanks. JM

2. GW22

GW22 Active Member

Trap is just too difficult with a 28ga or .410 bore in my opinion. Kids are likely get discouraged. Nothing H&R is good for kids shooting trap.

If kids weigh 90lb. they can probably shoot a light 12ga with light loads. Less than that, a 20ga. Gas operated semi-autos are soft shooters if the kids can handle the weight out front. Mossberg 20ga Bantam pump guns with a Graco reducer are good for tiny kids. I've seen 7 year-olds shoot them.

-Gary

3. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Ditto what Gary said. H&R trap guns are notorious for beating kids to the point of wanting to quit the sport. Spend the money on a name brand auto and you will always be able to get your money back out of the gun if you choose to sell it later.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.