1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

H.& R. Model 111 "ULTRA SPORTSMAN".

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by KS-OKIE, Dec 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KS-OKIE

KS-OKIE TS Supporters TS Supporters

H.& R. Model 111

Can someone help me out with a little info ? My father-in-law gave me a H.& R."ULTRA SPORTSMAN"NO.111 .22 cal(LR.).This is a break open pistol,but I cannot open it.I can depress the latch ? in front of the clyinder on the Bbl assy.but it will not open.I have tried to open with the hammer both down & cocked to no avail.Also tried to open with latch pushed & trigger slack pulled with no luck.Gun does not have a half-cocked feature.Also ser.# is RU1017 any idea about date of mfg.Any help would be greatly enjoyed. Sorry but gun is NOT for sale.Gun is in rather good shape considering he kept it in a pistol rug above a set of shelves in a full bath.No rust is visible on it but could it be rusted shut ? Thanks for any help...KS-OKIE...John Wiegand.

2. AAtrap

AAtrap Well-Known Member

H.& R. Model 111

John, I don't think I'm familiar with the 111,but does it have adjustable rear sight? I know that on some of the H&R's you had to pull up on the rear sight to break it open ???????? Steve

3. KS-OKIE

H.& R. Model 111

Steve:Thanks-A-Million. Thats the secret.That little latch in front of the cylinder is used to remove the cylinder from the frame.Problem solved in 37 mins.I`m forever in your debt....John... KS-OKIE.

4. AAtrap

AAtrap Well-Known Member

H.& R. Model 111

John, you're more than welcome. You are correct about the pin in front of the cylinder. That's the cylinder base pin. It holds the cylinder in place.

From your sign-on name, I was wondering if you ever shoot at the KS state grounds. If you do,we may meet some time. Steve

5. KS-OKIE

H.& R. Model 111

Steve:Yes I shoot at The KTA 1 or 2 times a year.I was born in Hutchinson, and lived there for 35 years.Moved to Kansas City 19yrs ago.I`m married to an OKIE thus the sign on name.Again Thanks-A-Million...John

6. AAtrap

AAtrap Well-Known Member

H.& R. Model 111

John, I was born and raised just northwest of Belleville. My mom still lives there on the farm. We may indeed meet at a shoot sometime. I now live in Nebraska. Have a happy New Year and good shooting. Steve

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

h&r 777 ultra sportsman

h&r ultra sportsman 111

h&r ultra sportsman no 111