1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

H&R Hammerless Single-Shot: what to do?

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by Porcupine, Aug 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Porcupine

Porcupine Active Member

0   0   0

I've inherited an old H&R Hammerless single-shot shotgun. It's in OK shape, mechanically good, except that a previous owner cut the barrel down to 20". It sho looks ugly! What to do? Here's what I have so far: 1) Hang it on the wall (naaah); 2) Have a gunsmith thread the barrel for a poly-choke (anybody got one for sale?); 3) Have a gunsmith put on a 6"-8" barrel extention, a la the Metro; 4) find an orphan barrel for this gun (but then the #'s wouldn't match).

#2 is my favorite right now. Any other suggestions or comments? Many thanks.

LA in MA

2. MTA Tom

MTA Tom Active Member

0   0   0

Not sure exactly what you're looking for, but the Truglo Titan adjustable screw-in might be another option to add a little length. You could have the barrel threaded for any of the common choke systems.

s7_225021_imageset_01?$main-Medium$

3. Steve W

Steve W Well-Known Member

Rating - 95%
    24   1   0

Considering the value of the gun, and the end result, be careful how you invest.

4. Trap2

Trap2 Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0

Clean it up, cut the stock down a little, put a 11/2oz OO buckshot load in it and slide it under your bed..... I sure would hate to be the guy on the "other side" of the door if you touched it off... Dan Thome (Trap2)

5. ricks1

ricks1 TS Member

0   0   0

I go with trap2

6. ccw1911

ccw1911 Member

0   0   0

Shotguns like that are perfect candidates for a remchoke job which can usually done pretty cheap by a local gunsmith. Then you can put the high adjustable rib on in. JK LOL

7. tinylo

tinylo TS Member

0   0   0

Attach a reel of rope and an arrow and turn it into a harpoon gun.

8. Model Number 12

Model Number 12 TS Member

0   0   0

LA, I vote for the harpoon gun attachment. You could shoot carp, suckers and eels and if you go to Vermont in the spring you can shoot pike in Lake Champlain. Even better, if you went to Illinois you could shoot those crazy jumping carp. Just think-you call for a fish instead of a target.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
h & r hammerless single
h and r trap gun

h&r hammerless shotgun

h&r hammerless single shot shotguns
h&r single shot hammerless
hammerless single barrel shotgun