1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

H and R Trap Gun

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by kolared person, Dec 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kolared person

kolared person TS Member

If any of you live in the Joliet Illinois area. Mega sports in Plainfield has a used H R trap gun for $389.00. I do not know if they are hard to find.

2. Tron

Tron Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

I bought a brand new one for $329 and then did $750 worth of work to it. My Moma didn't raise no fool!

3. kolared person

kolared person TS Member

Mega sports also has Federal trap loads for $60.00 a flat and Nice gortex boots or $60.00. A good reason to get out of the house.

4. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

How is the trigger on those things?

The gun itself is indestructible. Might be a little light, That can be fixed.

HM

5. wireguy

wireguy TS Member

More than one gun writer has been astonished at the quality of the trigger.

6. crusha

crusha TS Member

Tron,

Sell those skeet fag guns & you can do $1,000 more!

7. Tron

HEY!

8. crusha

crusha TS Member

Hay is for horses...

9. Hivoltfl

Hivoltfl Member

Tron have you spent much time on the range with this gun since your last update? and I know its none of my business but has there been a rush of orders for the work or completed guns?

Rick

10. Tron

Hivoltfl: The gun has was purchased from me right after the work was done (at cost). The man that owns it is a friend of mine and uses it at every ATA shoot he attends. No rush orders for that particular gun....when you add it all up, you really are better off with a used BT-99 or something along those lines. It is a good gun for the money though.

Yes, the trigger is real nice and easy to adjust.

11. Easystreet

Easystreet Well-Known Member

Halfmile,

I haven't looked at the trigger on one of these H&R guns, but it couldn't be very difficult to work on. If a shadetree smith can't slick up the trigger on one of these, he probably ought to turn in his license and take up knitting.

12. Tron

The trigger is held in by a couple of drift pins (very easy to remove). All I did was remove a couple of coils from the spring and it brought the pull down to about 3 1/2lbs. It's very crisp with no creep.

<a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v712/Tronspace/?action=view¤t=100_2211.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

<a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v712/Tronspace/?action=view¤t=100_2212.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

<a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v712/Tronspace/?action=view¤t=100_2213.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

13. Big Az Al

Big Az Al Well-Known Member

Tron did you use an assembly(slave)pin to hold the trigger and elevator tab in place when reinstalling?

A shotgun/rifle Combination, very much like the on photo'd was my very first gun! And only ten day's younger then me to boot!

Al

14. Tron

Nope, I just removed it, lobbed off the coil and reinstalled it. No big deal.

15. Easystreet

Easystreet Well-Known Member

Tron,

Do you notice a longer "lock time" on the H&R gun?

Easystreet

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.