1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Guy from the BP rig as it blew up

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Jerbear, May 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jerbear

Jerbear TS Member

This guy was on the rig when it went up.

Jerbear

2. skeet100

skeet100 Member

That was worth the time.... Thanks for posting...

3. Ted K.

Ted K. Member

Absolutely fascinating. Have passed the URL on to several friends. Thanks.

Ted K.

4. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) Banned User Banned TS Supporters

Thanks that was really interesting. Bulge.

5. markdenis

markdenis TS Member

So what now? BP has punched a hole in the earth and no one seems to know how to stop what is coming out. This is potentially a global crisis.

Mark

6. Dahaub

Dahaub Active Member

About twenty years ago there was a similar accident in the gulf. I can't recall the company who was in charge of that well but they had a broken pipe coming to the surface leaking out it's oil and that went on for a few weeks until a large weighted cone shaped devise was dropped on the well pipe to shut it off. At the time the oil slick was several hundred miles in size I can't remember if it reached the shores of the states back then, There was speculation at the time that since the midwestern states gets most of its moisture from evaporated sea water blown up here from the gulf that we could actually go into a drought if the oil slick was to grow larger and stay there unattended. that did not happen at all so that fear was unfounded. I just hope they figure a way to shut off the oil flow so the gulf coast states don't have to deal with a bigger mess that is out there now. This is potentially one of the largest ecodiasasters ever to be unleashed on the world. The gulf coast fishers are in port now and can't go out to fish, shrimp or oyster. They don't know how long it will be before they can resume I know a guy who used to work on a boat in south Texas and he always said those guys were working from payday to payday meaning the boat owners. I happen to be working at a BP refinery right now and they have not mentioned the accident to us at all. Dan

7. capvan

capvan Active Member

Outstanding link!! Thanks for posting this. For the first time since this happened, I actually understand the "What happened?" in technical terms that even I could understand. Really good stuff.

Thanks again!!!

Bruce

8. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

The smell of oil is now in the city of New Orleans.. I can also hear the sounds of all the attorneys...getting ready to get little Tyronne compensation for his newly founded respratory problems..

9. Bport33

Bport33 TS Member

http://www.trapshooters.com/noframes/cfpages/message.cfm?messageid=635343 Hi, In the mid 70's Perazzi stained most of their stocks and applied a clear coat over the chalky finish. By accident a few guy found wood that was over the top under the top finish coats. Everyone always wants to take care of their stocks no scratches etc.,esp back then. Those older stocks were a real find. Some stockmen would go to say the grand and buy used stocks somewhat banged up and stripe them and refinish them, clear coat etc. Alot of outsyanding wood was found. It goes without saying that some cash was made. That great wood could be made into some of the first adjustable stocks, pricy in themselves,add a great piece of wood and you have a great find.

10. capvan

capvan Active Member

Bport33...I think you might be in the wrong thread. Just a guess, mind you.

If not, I need an explanation...

and this moves this thread back to the top, and that's a good thing.

Bruce

11. Model Number 12

Model Number 12 TS Member

TTT This is well worth hearing.

12. twotimer

twotimer Member

I live on a little spit of land called Cape San Blas in the panhandle of Fl. Just got out of an emergency meeting...if something doesn't happen soon, by the end of the week, life as we know it is going to cease. Mike

13. SilverShooter

SilverShooter TS Member

The real tragedy is yet to happen, and it's magnitude will be exponential over the next several months. The damage will linger for years beyond what it took to clean up after the Valdez, and you can bet BP's strategy includes bankruptcy.

Think about it, the wells are still spewing crude oil underwater even as we speak.

14. M-16

M-16 TS Member

no matter what we the people will pay for it

15. X Trap 2

X Trap 2 TS Member

Marked to see later. ray

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.