1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Guy Daniels Trigger

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by nsguy, Mar 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nsguy

nsguy Active Member

Bought a BT-99 that has what I was told, a Guy Daniels release trigger. Does anyone know of him? This gun has an NX serial number. I think thats a 1993 model. Thanks for any info. Dave

2. Onceabum

Onceabum TS Member

One of my better release triggers was a Guy Daniel's release. Unfortunately, he is no longer with us.

BB

3. nsguy

nsguy Active Member

Sorry to hear this BB. I'm not having any problems but wanted to know where to get work done if it becomes necessary. Do you happen to know where his business was located? Dave

4. JJJ

JJJ TS Member

Hi,I had at least 4 release triggers in my Brownings by Guy. Never had a bit of trouble with any of them. Guy has passed away,but if memory serves me well;he lived in Palmyra,PA. Our friend, Average Ed, is very familiar with Guy's work. I am sure Ed will answer any questions you may have. My understanding is,Guy did all the release triggers for Browning.Guy was at his happiest when he was working on a release trigger for a Browning.Joe Jordan

5. mx2005

mx2005 TS Member

Dave I was also told on here that Phillips Gunsmithing works on Guy Daniels Releases # 210-313-5988 he just tuned a Double release for me ,my buddy took it to Tuscon for me and I just got it back last night. Pat.k.

Also I have to agree the Guy Daniels release was the best release I had ever had very very consistent and very smooth. P.k.

6. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Banned User Banned TS Supporters

I'm sure Spears can do any tune ups needed for Guy's excellent work. Frank Little swore by him!!

7. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

What Fred said.

We used to laugh at the Browning shooters who sent their guns back to Browning for a "factory" release trigger when they could have saved themselves weeks of time, shipping costs and money on the trigger work plus wouldn't have subjected their gun to truck rides to St. Louis, Palmyra, St. Louis and back to Palmyra if they would have just dropped it off at Guy's shop.

Ed

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.