1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

GU'S TOP SINGLE COMBO-HELP

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by WWB, Jul 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WWB

WWB Member

GU

I just bought one! Really like it better than the Unsingle I had. Question-it has a weight that resides in the forearm and one can flip it to put the weight between your hands or make it bbl heavy. If I don't want the weight at all is there something I can use to plug the hole--& looks ok!! {So don't suggest a corn cob or 28 gauge hull---}
    Thanks Guys
    Bill

2. Tom Strunk

Tom Strunk Well-Known Member

Not trying to be a smart ass but what is a GU ?

Tom Strunk

3. WWB

WWB Member

Tom
    G uns U limited were the ones that sold the Browning Combos -especially the
    Unsingles...I think the top single combos were sold by a couple different dealors. I used GU cause that's where I got mine.
    Just trying to save space I guess.
    Bill

4. Tom Strunk

Tom Strunk Well-Known Member

I would like you to reconsider removing the weight and add more weight to the stock to balance the gun to you liking instead. I have been looking at the October 08 issue of Trap and Field and on the second page/cover is a picture of Leo Harrison III and Foster Bartholow after their historic 900 bird shoot off. Foster was shooting the same gun you have just purchased, the picture clearly shows the weight forward.

I'm not saying you need to be a copy cat, but most shooters I know have added weight to their shotguns that they use for clay targets. It makes the gun smoother to the target, make the gun more forgiving, and reduces recoil.
    I'm an old man of 72 years and my K-80 trap special weighs 10 1/4 lbs. and during hunting season I use 20 guage shotguns that weigh between 5 1/2lbs and 6 1/4 lbs. I like all of my guns to be just slightly barrel light no matter what they weigh.

I wish you the best of luck, not rotten, with your new shotgun Willie. They are nice. You should get a good gunsmith to get the creap out of your triggers and have them set at 3 1/2 lbs asap. The triggers and the point of impact are the heart and soul of any shotgun.

Tom Strunk

5. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

Bill, my great friend Tom is spot on with his advice!!

"The triggers and the point of impact are the heart and soul of any shotgun."

Very true!!!!

However, the brain is located in the fitted to you stock to complete the package! With added weight for me!!

Hapster :)

6. WWB

WWB Member

Hap and Tom--thanx fellas......I went back out today and tried it from the 27 w/o any weight--didn't do well ..put it back so it was out under the bbl & started to hit them hard again.
    Triggers are Jerrie White releases and he fit the stock to me already. I put a greycoil on it and an adj stock. Fits great and there is no recoil. Guess its just a matter of pratice- sure glad to be rid of the unsingle. I was as inconsistent as a politician with that thing.
    Thanx again boys--have a good fall.
    Bill

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.