1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Gus Harrison - Rest in Peace

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Switchblade327, Oct 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Switchblade327

Switchblade327 Member

Sadly I’m writing to inform you that today Trapshooting lost a longtime friend. Gus Harrison has gone to be with the Lord and the love of his life Jonny, where the word “Lost” is never heard. Gus was a great friend to many, no one more than my father. I squadded with Gus on many occasions, most often at Michigan Team Shoots. His wife Jonny was always on the bench behind us, always. I can’t think of a time when I saw Gus on a Trap field and didn’t see Jonny. Now they are together again.

I’m sure there are countless people out there who have seen and spoken to Gus without ever really knowing him. Gus had a problem many shooters struggle with, cross eye dominance. In an attempt to remedy this situation Gus built an apparatus that he screwed to the top of his KS-5 that allowed him to sight directly down the rib of his gun with his off eye. Some might call it a contraption, but it was way too sophisticated to be called such. It was essentially a small periscope laid on its side. It had two small mirrors, maybe 1” square each that were placed at the perfect angle to provide off eye vision directly down the gun’s rib. Gus named it the, “I’ll Be Damned”, as that is what everyone said when they picked up his gun and took a look. It was quite an engineering feat really to come out of Gus’s shed next to his motorhome at the Silver Dollar. Gus ran many straights with it. But I’m sure he wished he could build something that would correct his sometimes flinch. :)

Gus will truly be missed…

2. buckshot

buckshot Active Member

Oh my
    so sorry to hear this news , there were many stories we shared over the years, and the KS5 he was shooting was mine before he bought it, he shot it way better than than i could, He broke 99 handicap at Vandalia with it God bless , Tom Nowak.

3. greta500

greta500 Member

We will all miss Gus

Rest in peace

Greta and Jack

Fla neighbors

4. running bear

running bear Member

Gus was a gentleman and a great guy. I shot with him at the team shoot. He will be missed.

Buck

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.