1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Gunzilla Questions?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by cottondoctor, Oct 26, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cottondoctor

cottondoctor Member

A few days ago I saw a threat where someone menmtioned using Gunzilla as a cleaner and lube for their trap gun.
    Has anyone used this product and what is your experience?
    Has anyone used this product to lube a Perazzi trigger? Experience?
    Has anyone use this product to lube bearing points (hinge pins, etc) on a Perazzi shotgun?

Thanks in advance.

2. cottondoctor

cottondoctor Member

3. dontate

dontate Member

I do not have a Perazzi but I do have numerous other guns and Gunzilla works great. The fact that it is a cleaner and lube makes the job one step easier. Supposedly the product is the number one cleaner used by todays military especially where there is sand and grit which clings to petro based lubes. If you shoot any type of black powder guns the product is fantastic at removing any carbon deposits, As you can see I like the stuff!

4. Unknown1

Unknown1 Well-Known Member

It smells good but it doesn't work as well as CLP as a cleaner and it's not as good an oil as half a dozen others including Marvel Mystery, Mili-tec, Bray LSA oil, Rem Oil and TS-25. As for corrosion protection I prefer Fluid Film, Barricade or Corrosion-X. And I've never heard/read anything from anyone in a Unit Supply position that would back up the claim that the stuff is the most popular stuff in the military.

If you believe their ad copy, use it. I don't.

MK

5. dhip

dhip Active Member

I use it as my final application.40x bore cleaner and Hoppes #9 first time,then run bore snake through. Rem oil second time,run second bore snake through,Final run,Gunsilla and third bore snake...Yep 3 different bore snakes,might be overkill,but it sure looks good when I'm done,

Doug H.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.