1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Gunstock measuring tee square?????

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by JohnP, Feb 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JohnP

JohnP Member

I have seen a adjustable tool that will measure at different points on a shotgun stock. The last one was like a small tee square that you could put on the rib, it would extend down over the stock and you could measure drop at the comb, drop at the heel, etc. Does anyone know the name brand or source of one of these?? Thanks.

2. Lead Man

Lead Man TS Member

Mine was made by Starrett and is 60"x24". I level the barrel in a good gun vise and then use 2 clamps to hold it to the barrel instead of the rib. This and a depth gauge tells me the rib is somewhat plumb to the barrel or not and exactly what the lop and pitch are. I'm and old millwright with nothing better to do sometimes.

I have been known to pull out the old 98's and get real serious. You should have shot pool on the table I had a few years ago.

Here is a link to the only one I can find that is over 48".

http://www.bonnevilleblue.com/t-squares.htm

3. Ed Y

Ed Y TS Supporters TS Supporters

The fellow that sells these, advertises on this site. They sell them in Brownells. I purchased mine at the Grand, several years ago. Called a Robert Louis Co. Shotgun Combo Gauge. Brownells catalog #60 Items # 100-002-154AA and 100-002-155AA for both the gauge and the magnetic extension.

Ed Yanchok

http://www.shotguncombogauge.com/SCG2Drops5.jpg

4. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

Brownell's sells them.

5. JohnP

JohnP Member

Thanks for the info... That's exactly what I was looking for....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.