1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Gunsmoke

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by amboy49, Dec 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. amboy49

amboy49 Well-Known Member

I guess this is shooting related. Anyone seen the cable TV show called "American Guns ?" I've been watching the last several episodes. The gunshop owner is a pretty typical gunshop owner ( lot of ego ) with some talent as a gun designer/builder that apparently even has the worker bees in his shop milling out Colt Peacemaker frames. His wife, if you haven't seen the show - she's the one with the smok'in hot body no doubt amplified by the local plastic surgeon - is the shop busines manager. His son, who he works to death at apparently minimum wage is the resident engraver and his blond bubbly late teens early twenties daughter is apparently just there to add more "fluff" to the show. She pretty much just walks around smiling while carrying her laptop dog. Apparently the gunshop is located in Denver.

All the while he is using his company helicopter to deliver custom made guns to deep pockets buyers. Amazing to see what some folks will pay for a specially made firearm. Still, the best part of the show is watching his wife at the shooting range wearing a low cut tank top while squeezing off rounds out of her diamond encrusted .45 1911.

Maybe one of the regular visitors to this sight with lots of ready cash could have this build a one off trap gun ?

2. Rich219

Rich219 Active Member

Don't believe everything you see on tv.

3. rhett1977

rhett1977 Member

I've watched it and it's a joke. Way worse than Sons of Guns. Too much drama. I hate reality tv and to me that's all this show is. I thought his daughter was cute until I saw she's only 17!!! The mom is definitely a hottie though

4. rhett1977

rhett1977 Member

I am curious though how a 17 year old is able to carry a handgun. Even thought it's open carry. That's the most curious part to me

5. amboy49

amboy49 Well-Known Member

It gets even better. A citizen just walked in with two pistols in a gym bag. A Colt Dragoon and a Colt Walker. Both of which he said he has shot. The gunshop owner acknowledges they are museum quality collector pieces and offers the guy $500,000 american dollars for the pair. Then they take them out and shoot them ! The Walker is probably worth well over $300,000 if authentic. Takes a lot of guts ( or lack of brains ) to shoot a gun like that. The gunshop owner next brings in a recogized Colt firearms expert to verify their authenticity. The expert says the Dragoon is "real" and worth between $15,000 and $35,000. Next they look at the Walker - which turns out to be an Italian replica worth about $350 - NOT $350,000 !

Not sure where the gunshop owner is getting his money - perhaps DEA should be watching this !

6. Rich219

Rich219 Active Member

99% of these scenarios are just setup for TV.

7. rhett1977

rhett1977 Member

I understand it's NOT REAL!!! It was just a question. I wasn't aware this had been discussed on here before. My apologies. It just sends the wrong message I think. ?Thanks for the info though

8. RickN

RickN Well-Known Member

How about the Moonshiners show? The guy is worried about getting caught, always watching his backside.....Hey bud, you're on national TV!!

9. TOOLMAKER 251

TOOLMAKER 251 Active Member

Trapshooters.com is more real and exciting then that Hollywood bullshit.

10. ken1okie

ken1okie Active Member

I'll tell you what is tragic....I work with people that think this shit is real!!!!!!!Only thing real is the the lift kit that chick(American Guns)has on her rack and the gap in the daughters teeth on Sons of Guns!!!

11. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

I caught the ending of a Gun Auction show recently that was pretty informative and not all Hollywooded up. I don't recall the name and i have only seen the one section of one episode. I think it was on the History Channel.

12. yakimaman

yakimaman Well-Known Member

I tried to watch this last night. The kid engraved a couple of Barrett receivers and they flew them in by helicopter to deliver them to "Rocky the Squirrel" Barrett. (Jesus, if you owned that company don't you think you'd have enough money for some dental work?) They did a BS "one shot or nothing deal" and then the "star" went to look at guns for sale. He ran a clip through a BAR, tried to look cool/tough then made an insulting offer of $5k on the gun. He took the offer up a little and also laid out a couple of silver bars and said something like "you have xx seconds to pick it up or I'm out of here". I changed channels - first time, last time - who watches this shit?

rm

13. GunDr

GunDr Well-Known Member

Not to shift too far off topic, but the mention of the moonshine show...

Making an illegel product out in the boonies....will the next new show be making crack out in the boonies? I don't see a difference between either two.

Both are illegel and both can destroy families and lives.

14. open choke

open choke TS Member

I did notice in the "hand cannon" episode when he bought the 42 gun collection and he pulled the 10,000 stack out of the bag you can tell the bottom ones weren't real money

15. TOOLMAKER 251

TOOLMAKER 251 Active Member

I wonder why nobody ever got into the bootlegging business of making cigarettes? They cost about $5-6 a pack, grow your own tobacco plants and buy some rolling machinery.

16. FalconSprint

FalconSprint TS Member

It's a sad state of affairs for real gun owners. A guy shoots at a barn with a .50 cal. and the whole barn blows up in a fireball. Somewhere out there in TV watching land are a bunch of Gomer's, who now believe a 50 can cause that kind of a explosion. If this show ain't bad enough, Sons of Guns is even worse if that's possible. And this could be where non gun owners and non shooters get their gun information.

17. kiv-c

kiv-c Member

Anybody remember the CBS "special" aired in 1975, called "Guns of Autumn"?

"American Guns" and "Sons of Guns" have the potential to do as much damage to the public's perception of gunowners as "Guns of Autumn" did to that of hunters!

18. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

It is just TV and that means they get to go outside the reality box.

I will agree that the show is not an accurate portrail of the shooting sports and there is a tendency to lean towards the T&A giggle factor. But if you don't like it - turn it off.

I doubt any of us would consider an outfit like Gunsmoke for firearms purchases or gunsmithing work.

19. RobertT

RobertT Well-Known Member

I'm crushed, all along I thought this was reality TV at it's best, my day is ruined.

Robert

20. rhett1977

rhett1977 Member

Rick Barker, I didn't take you as being short with me. I just wanted you to know I was asking a question and not stirring the pot. NRA sent me an email about that new show and I'm really curious. We need more good press and less boneheads on tv. I fear that will never happen though

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.