1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

**Gunsmith Question**

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Old Cowboy, Mar 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Old Cowboy

Old Cowboy Active Member

My guess is; the question would be-------how do you make it stop doing that?

2. turp

turp TS Member

Contact Browning - mine was just over 2 years old and doing the same thing. Browning repaired it no charge. Of coarse if you ever delt with the Browning service center count on 8 to 12 weeks before you see the gun again. Tim

3. GunDr

GunDr Well-Known Member

Maybe just a new top lever spring will help. If not, most likely the locking bolt is worn...or wasn't fit properly from the start.

Doug Braker

4. pduryee

pduryee TS Member

Top lever spring has likely weakend ....about 10 bucks for a new spring from Brownells. Easy 5 minute changeout. When you store it in the case trip the lever so the spring does not stay under tension. I've seen several BT's do the same.

5. Bruce Specht

Bruce Specht Well-Known Member

A friend of mine is a gunsmith in Illinois he does fantastic work. His name is Tom Mason, he lives and works in Downers Grove, Il you can reach him at 630.971.3183

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.