1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Gunsmith Needed for Charles Daly

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by JEvans, Jan 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JEvans

JEvans TS Member

I inherited a Charles Daly (Miroku) Superior 12 Ga SBT. This gun was my grandfathers go to gun for a long time. Lockup is pretty loose. Pulled it out of the safe in prep to get it looked at and after opening the lever is stuck to the right. The gun will now not close. Called Midwest Gun Works and was told they do not have the parts to fix. Anybody have any insight on who could work on this? Thanks for your time.

2. dead on 4

dead on 4 Well-Known Member

Call Bobby at B&C Gunsmithing in Lake Havasu Arizona @ 928/854-8209 or check them out @ bmcgunsupplies@npcable.com. they have the parts and experience to work on Miroku/Daly's. Bobby worked for the original Daly importer in New York, none better to service your Daly.

Surfer

3. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

good info here

4. drgondog

drgondog Member

I just talked to Bobby - if you need something from him he is about to retire and was talking about 'a week'

I have a set of Miroku O/U barrels and had questions regarding ease or fitting to another receiver.

Regards,

Bill

5. hybrid

hybrid Member

Thanks Bill -- I also just him called in regard to some loose side ribs. He was very nice and gave some info but is looking forward to retiring . Any opinions on who next to do side rib repair on a Daly Miroku which sounds like clean -up repin, rust blue ? Simmons ? Arts? I would also be interested in opinions on investing the money in these older barrels, or trying to find and fit another set. thanks , John

6. dead on 4

dead on 4 Well-Known Member

Did Bobby have a recommendation? Did he say who's going to end up with his parts inventory?

If it were me I'd opt for Art's if Bobby can't/won't recommend someone.

Sufer

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

good gunsmith for older charles daly