1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Gunsmith for Barrel Fitting for CG near PHL?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Catching Chrome, Mar 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Catching Chrome

Catching Chrome Member

Just bought a unsingle barrel for my CG and looking to get it fitted. Anyone know of a gunsmith fairly local to the Southeast PA area that could fit one. I tired Allems and they said no. Otherwise I will likely have to ship it.
    THanks
    Pete

2. MAL-53

MAL-53 Member

You would be better off just to bring it to CG. in Cambridge Md. They know their guns the best, per Mapquest its only a 3 hr. drive from Philly. Make an appointment bring the gun there, that way there isn't any excuses in the future if a problem should pop up.
    They can do a pitstop on the gun too,check it all out and get you ready for the spring/ summer shooting season,make a nice day of it on the Eastern Shore, good luck,Breakemall ML

3. Catching Chrome

Catching Chrome Member

That's what I am really leaning toward. Its about 150 miles from my house. That way it is done right and I don't have to wait 3-4 weeks by shipping it etc...

4. JohnR

JohnR Active Member

What Mal-53 said, make an appointment and they will do it while you wait. I broke a piece in my trigger after 30k rounds on a Sunday, called made an appointment for Tuesday and they had it fixed and serviced in an hour and a half,all at no charge. Cg really provides top notch service.

JohnR

5. Hotrod67

Hotrod67 Member

I took a shooter friend of mine to CG just last week to pick up his Summit over/under. You have to call and make an appointment. The gunsmith who helped us name is Andrew and was very good! Had excellent manners and very soft spoken, a real pleasure for sure. I would definitely recommend their services if you own a CG. There shop is not what you'd expect though, it's a single floor red brick house that's in a residential neighborhood. It's a great place to have a gun shop and easy to find. Hope this helps and let us know how it works out.....Dan.

6. T-bone 23

T-bone 23 Member

There sevice is not as good as you say it is. I sent my Summit trap to them in early December so the could fix a broken ejecter and then send it to Italy to refinish the receiver.They told me it would be shipped the first part of January and be back the first part April.Now they are telling me that I won't see my gun till late june or july.

7. MDMike

MDMike Well-Known Member

Take it to Cambridge, MD and spend a day enjoying the Eastern Shore....

8. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

Have you tried the Bbl on your gun yet? Most snap right on, but some require fitting the fore arm only.

The trip to Md is the best idea.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.