1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Gunsamerica

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by redhawk44, Apr 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. redhawk44

redhawk44 Member

I, like everyone else, was pissed at gunsamerica when they radically changed their format.

Now however, they seem to have it working quite well. It is a LOT easier to place an ad than before, and a LOT easier to update/change the ad once it is established. It is also a LOT easier to pay the fee when a sale is made.

About the only downside that I can see is having to enter my password everytime I log on to view the photos in the larger view. I think a lot of casual gun shoppers will resist registering on gunsamerica in order to see the pictures properly, but perhaps that will be addressed too.

In short, they are now back to being almost as good as before...in my opinion.:)

2. esoxhunter

esoxhunter Well-Known Member

To me it doesn't compare to Gunbroker.com. I just tried to do a "search" on gunsamerica. For instance if you type in Winchester Model 12 in the search box you get every make and type of gun imaginable. Do the same on gunbroker and it will show Winchester Model 12's and nothing else. I still can't figure out how to delete my "saved" information on gunsamerica. Ed

3. Bridger

Bridger Member

I'd agree that it is very easy to post now. That's the good part. I listed a gun for sale on Sunday. You no longer receiver a confirming e-mail that the gun is being listed. Last night I tried to do a search to see if it was there and I finally found it but it took a while and so anyone else looking for this type of gun may never see it either. Gunbroker fees are higher but at least its easy to do a search and your gun will be easily seen by potential buyers.

4. Unsingle

Unsingle Member

They don't compare to Gunbroker. I have tried to look up handguns under STI International, a company that I am interested in. Nothing. I finally looked up the guns under the model names and found some guns, but not sure if I found them all. I sent a message to them and asked for assistance. They blew me off. I just don't go there anymore.

5. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

It's not the same stuff. GA is classified ads, Gunbroker is an auction site.

Try Auctionarms.com if you want something to compare to. It's kind of thin but not bad.

HM

6. rodbuster

rodbuster TS Member

I found a gun on gunsamerica that I was interested in. I called the seller, and he told me that he had sold the gun months ago. I asked him why it was still listed, and he told me he had been trying to delete it for quite some time. He was somewhat unhappy, and told me that the new site was was so screwed up that he didn't want anything else to do with it. I have also had problems with the search feature. I wish they would configure the site back to the way it was before. Also, the only part of the site that seemed to be working good was the forums, and they have taken it down.

7. K80Dude

K80Dude Member

When they made the change they had tons of issues. However as time has gone by in the last month or so they have really worked a lot of bugs out. I think the site is better then before in many ways. With time I think we will all be very happy. I have bought and sold a lot of guns on there and will continue to do so.

8. redhawk44

redhawk44 Member

The search is not too bad if you do it right.

The way I do it is to go to the home page and scroll down to the makes of guns--let's say Winchester--then select "modern shotguns" from amongst the Winchesters and you will get allllll the Winchester shotguns. Then to the left, put in the search words, in this case "12" and pick go. What you will get is any Winchester ad that has a "12" in it including any 12 ga. gun. That is what makes the MODEL 12 hard to search.

Some search funtions allow that if you put the search terms in quotes, it will only retrieve those exact words, which means if you search for "model 12" after retreving all Winchester shotguns, you should only get the model 12s listed. This one don't.

As I said, it ain't perfect, but it is at least as good as it was before the big changeover.....IMO.:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.