1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Guns that you've owned.

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by ec90t, Sep 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ec90t

ec90t Guest

This question has been occupying my mind for a couple of days and thought that I would get some others input.

Question:

Have you ever sold, traded, got rid of any gun that you wished you hadn't, and later buy the same gun back in in the same shape and not care for it one bit. I'm not talking about sentimental guns or family pass downs, just ones that you shot well at one time. I know I've been guilty of this at one time or another.

ec90t

2. Bridger

Bridger Member

I think I've finally learned that if I sold/traded a gun once I should not buy it or another one just like it back again. I've sold and later bought back 90T's, and SX-1's to name a couple. Eventually I end up remembering why I sold them in the first place .I never have ended up keeping a gun I bought back. Right now I'm sort of fighting the urge to buy a TM-1 that a friend will be selling. I had a nice one once and have absolutely no need for another one. Hopefully I've learned my lesson and will pass on it if it comes up for sale.

3. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

I bought, shot (good), and traded a Ljutic Space gun. I wish I had kept it.

4. Jeff P

Jeff P Well-Known Member

Not yet.....

But I'm sure I will.

Right now, for some reason, I'm coveting a field grade Winchester 101 12 gauge. Sold one last year.

jeff

5. Pocatello

Pocatello Active Member

Right now I'm having trouble remembering a gun I've sold or traded that I have not wished later I had kept. There must be some where I'm not sorry, but not many.

6. atashooter

atashooter Member

MASSIVE Regret the sales of

1943 M1 Winchester Garand

03A3 Remington

'73 Winchester

Some of the stupidest things I've ever done. At the same time, I'd like to hear the ones you bought and regretted...

7. BFJ201

BFJ201 TS Member

The gun I got rid of that I now most regret is an 870 Wingmaster 20GA youth model. It would have been a great gun to hand to my kids one day. But no!! I just had to have that new 3 1/2" Super Mag for anything that flew. Since I had outgrown that 20GA I didn't perceive my future needs for that gun.

BFJ

8. Bluzman98

Bluzman98 Member

The only gun I regret selling and wish I had kept was my MachOne s/n 86. I have never shot any gun as well as I did that one.

JMHO

Jim C

9. jnoemanh

jnoemanh TS Member

Back in the mid 70s I bought my wife a Rem 1100 Skeet-B, from the distributor it was $260. She shot it for 5-6 years, then we thought we were going to quit shooting, so sold it for $250. Last year we started shooting again, so bought her a new Rem 1100 T-skeet. Not nearly as nice a gun - $700. Aaaargh!

10. OLD ONE EYE

OLD ONE EYE Well-Known Member

I have sold too many guns that I wish I had kept but lack of money was the main reason. Over the years have purchased most of the guns I always wanted or regret I sold. I am also a sucker for nice wood so Fletcher is right I sure do like looking at them. There still are 2 guns I would like to have and I have some doubles in the rack so it isn't over yet. I always said I did not have enough money to buy engraved guns but some how managed to make it up in quantity smaller amounts of money were easier to come buy. I sometimes think if I sold all my guns I could have a couple of nice high end guns but just can't seem to pull the trigger on that decision I guess it is a gun flinch.

Buddy

11. Tripod

Tripod Well-Known Member

browning medalist in presentation case. sold it 40 years ago for a $125 shotgun. also a nice pre 64 model 70 winchester in .243. same year and same money.

12. Joe Woods

Joe Woods Well-Known Member

I started trap shooting with a Winchester Model 21 Trap Model. It was owned by a friend of my fathers. I chose to purchase a Rem. Model 1100 Trap / 1970 .

Joe Woods/Ontario

13. flylta

flylta TS Member

I am relativly new to this, only shooting for about 20 years but I have yet to sell or trade a gun.

Buy it and pay for it. If I want something else, save and buy it.

The most treasured guns I own have been handed down to my by kin. My grandfaters dear rifle winchester 30-30. Dads 22 from when he was a kid. Father in laws first 12 guage, winchester.

Save to buy the additions and leave a legecy for the kids and grandkids.

Ron

14. ks5shooter

ks5shooter Member

15. zzt

zzt Well-Known Member

I'm on my fourth trap gun. I sold all the previous ones for specific reasons (which I remember), and have zero regrets. I would not buy any of them back. Unfortunately, it's beginning to look like there may be a fifth trap gun in my future.

16. bayrat

bayrat TS Member

Remington 600 in 6.5 Rem Mag. Bought and sold one in the '70s. Had to buy another one in the late '90s. Funky gun but it was just one of those things I had to do.

S&W Model 53 in .22 Rem Jet. Almost the same deal except I am still looking for one to buy back. Anyone?

ECT - Bayrat

17. 45er

45er TS Member

In 1966 I was 17 years old. I saved and saved to afford a Beretta Silver Snipe 20 gauge o/u. I bought it from a guy heading to Vietnam for $160. I shot that gun for 12 years and sold it for $400 to buy a Winchester 101. Man, would I like to have that gun back!

18. ljutic73

ljutic73 Well-Known Member

I tend to hang on to stuff forever but a couple of years ago i sold a few guns to generate some cash and I wish I could have my Winchester 21 back....I bought it as an unshootable relic and through the efforts of the Win. Custom Shop and doing my own stockwork, turned it into a great shooter and it wuz perty, too!....and then there was the Browning 78 full octagon in 22-250 that had burled walnut on it to die for...oh, well......

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.