1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Guns stolen by UPS employee

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by huntinandhotrods, Jan 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. huntinandhotrods

huntinandhotrods Member

Ex-UPS worker admits to stealing guns from Bakersfield shipments
    By KBAK - KBFX - Eyewitness News - BakersfieldNow.com Published: Jan 10, 2012 at 7:10 PM PST
    Share this story
    Comments (0)printemail FRESNO, Calif. (KBAK/KBFX) - A 22-year-old former UPS employee pleaded guilty to stealing guns from the delivery company's customers.

Gabriel Gonzalez, of Bakersfield, admitted to stealing nine guns from interstate shipments that went through Bakersfield, federal prosecutors said Tuesday.

Gonzalez would reseal the boxes to cover his tracks. All of the thefts were reported by the people who were supposed to receive the guns in the mail.

Stolen guns recovered from Gonzalez's home were:

- Sig Sauer .40-caliber semi-automatic pistol,
    - Kimber Eclipse Pro II .45-caliber semi-automatic pistol,
    - Smith & Wesson .40-caliber semi-automatic pistol, model SW40VE,
    - Smith & Wesson .40-caliber semi-automatic pistol, model SW40VE, and
    - Smith & Wesson .380-caliber semi-automatic pistol, model bodyguard.

Gonzalez gave the following stolen guns to his friends:

- Glock .45-caliber semi-automatic pistol, model G30,
    - Smith & Wesson .40-caliber semi-automatic pistol,
    - Kahr 9 mm semi-automatic pistol, and
    - Kimber .40-caliber semi-automatic pistol, model Ultra Carry II.

Gonzalez's sentencing is set for May 7. He faces a maximum statutory penalty for each charge of 10 years in prison.

2. Unknown1

Unknown1 Well-Known Member

<center>
    [​IMG]
    </center>

3. Auctioneer

Auctioneer Well-Known Member

UPS has alot of theft going on. At a hub they would while unloading a truck wouls see something they like and put another address lable on it. It then went to their house or friends house. Someone blew the whistle on them and I think about 15+ people were arrested. They even had to go to Ill to pick one up.

Another UPS place a guy finally was caught and he admitted to stealing 700 guns while working there.

4. Twinbirds

Twinbirds TS Member

and what is worse UPS doesn't prosecute their employees or at least I was told that by a UPS spoke person concerning a lost firearm.

5. Stl Flyn

Stl Flyn Well-Known Member

If it is guns they are stealing, UPS's policies do not matter. I would not believe that spokesperson either. I think Gabby is going to be getting some free meals for a long time.

6. Twinbirds

Twinbirds TS Member

nothing got done, they don't hold their people accountable

7. Rebel Sympathy

Rebel Sympathy Well-Known Member

Holding someone accountable!!!?? What's that???

"Time out, Blake. You've been very naughty!!"

Mike

8. Stl Flyn

The Feds. will do the punishing for them.

9. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    <i>"He faces a maximum statutory penalty for each charge of 10 years in prison. "</i>

Watch the judge sentence him concurrently, instead of consecutively.

He needs to get the full 90 years to be made an example of to other gun thieves.

10. Stl Flyn

Also when sending, if the FFL shop or location name has the word "Gun", or "Guns" I abbreviate the whole name then include the address on the label. Example, Target Shotguns = T.SGNS. Jim's Big Guns = J.B.G. Just something extra you can do.

11. Auctioneer

Auctioneer Well-Known Member

The statement of the workers not being punish is just BS. They are fired and they are taken to court and most are found guilty. If UPS didn't punish the them then they would have alot for stealing knowing UPS will not do anything to them. Think about it.

12. GunDr

GunDr Well-Known Member

UPS's policy of having to ship handguns "next day air"...how's that working out?

13. xringjim

xringjim TS Member

While the man deserves to be punished, his punishment should fit the crime. If all weapons were returned to the owners and none were used in crimes I'd say throw him in jail for 5 years. On the other hand, if any weapon is left unaccounted for he should receive an added 1 year for each gun. And, if any gun was used in a crime he should be held as an accomplice and suffer the punishment due the crime.

14. Rebel Sympathy

Rebel Sympathy Well-Known Member

xringjim:

And your position is EXACTLY what is wrong in this country today. ("Time out, Jason. You've been a bad boy.....")

The guy stole how many guns????? Was it 9?

And you're saying that, regardless of WHO found and returned the guns, the thief should get less time???? Did the thief return the guns?

Do you think that som' bich' really returned the guns because...... "deep down he is really a nice boy"??? If so, you've been brainwashed.

Gawd O' mighty!!!

"Occupy Reality",

Mike

15. huntinandhotrods

huntinandhotrods Member

I agree with Rebel! They ought to throw the book at him and when they do finally release him, they should cut both his hands off so he can't carry the next thing he tries to steal.

16. Oscar Ray

Oscar Ray TS Member

Liberal judges will not give consecutive sentences, I have seen it all to often in a 30 yr Law Enforcement career. All judges truly hate mandatory sentences because they say it takes away their discretion. This turd deserves AT LEAST 50 yrs behind bars.

Oscar

17. Rastoff

Rastoff Active Member

Shipping hand guns by next day air isn't a UPS policy, it's federal law. A current FFL holder can ship by USPS Priority.

18. vmthtr in green bay

vmthtr in green bay Member

Rastoff you are misinformed. Next Day Air for handguns is UPS policy because of the theft problem and the extra tracking the NDA provides.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.