1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Guns stolen at Hog Heaven

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by AMKF, Jan 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AMKF

AMKF TS Member

Dear Shooters-

We need your help to keep your eyes and ears open.

When we went to open the gun club for yesterday afternoon shooting we found we'd been robbed. Other than ransacking my office, with nothing missing that we could tell, we found they'd kicked in the door to Wade's shop. 5 guns were taken. No small tools or woodworking supplies were missing.
    The guns were all of Alex's and Wade's trap guns: A Perazzi MX-8 o/u, Serial #38824, with a new synthetic Soft Touch Stock, Wade's old "Ugly" which is a Beretta 303, Serial # M20219E, adjustable soft comb, with a Wilkerson Barrell, another 303, release trigger, with one of Wade's "fence Post" stocks on it, with wood unfinished and rasped instead of checkering. All three of the trap guns were ported. PLus they took a Savage side by side 20 ga, and a Savage 22 rifle.

In addition to the gun club, they broke in and took merchandise from Gwen and Vernon Thomas' PRO-TEC trailer which was parked here. Missing were several pair of Ranger and Post4 glasses, leather pouches, mesh bags and belts.

If anyone comes across any of these guns or other items, please give me a call at 865-919-5366.

Thanks so much for your help.

Anne and Wade Frazier
    Hog Heaven Gun Club

2. Earl4140

Earl4140 TS Member

Anne: You could draft up a "Guns Stolen" Flyer highlighting gun descriptions and serial numbers. I'll make copies and pass them out at Oak Ridge, Crossville and Cumberland County, KY. Earl

3. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

If you'd craft a flyer and post it here we could all post it around the country....Bob Dodd

4. lumper

lumper TS Member

BigAl ... you say that jokingly right or did you just not read and comprehend what they wrote?

"we found they'd kicked in the door to Wade's shop" ... the guns were not in a safe but in Wade's shop.

5. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

"little" al never has anything to ad- just a trouble maker

sounds like someone that has been there though and knows shooting- taking a release trigger and a few pair of shooting glasses? something doesnt smell right for just a casual break in here- police might have to interview a lot of the staff and club members or shooters- better have your records ready

I assume you reported this to the ATF already- if not you are late

regards from Iowa

Gene

6. Earl4140

Earl4140 TS Member

Whoever lifted those guns must be worried. God knows what the sentence is for Stealing Fire Arms. I would offer a $10.00 reward no questions asked. Just leave them on a table at the club. Earl

7. SirMissalott

SirMissalott Active Member

Earl,
    Dont mean to jump site but are you from Oak Ridge? I grew up there. Jim W

8. Earl4140

Earl4140 TS Member

Jim W; I grew up in Southern Indiana shooting hammer dismascus double barrels. I had never heard of Trap and had never seen an Over/Under before I went into the Service. Funny, my Doctor was Clarence Laubscher (sp?) a Pillar in Indiana Trap.

I go to the Oak Ridge Club on Tuesday mornings at 11:00 AM to shoot Trap. Earl 87-00624

9. AMKF

AMKF TS Member

The guns were reported to ATF on Monday morning along with serial numbers of other stuff taken.
    The following guns were taken:
    Perazzi MX 8 o/u, Serial #38824, soft touch synthetic stock, 32" barrel
    Beretta 303, adjustable comb, release trigger, Serial #M20219E
    Beretta 303, rough, unfinished stock. Wilkerson Barrel. No serial # yet
    Savage, Anschus 22 rifle
    Savage Side-by-side 20 ga, unoperable, with broken stock and missing side plate

10. A CHANCE

A CHANCE TS Member

You will find one of the guns as soon as the jerk that stole it tries the one with the release trigger and it goes off after he releases the trigger hopefully he will have it pointed at one of his low life friends

11. Earl4140

Earl4140 TS Member

12. Earl4140

Earl4140 TS Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.