1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

GUNS: SOMETHING EVERYONE NEEDS TO READ

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by BudLight, May 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BudLight

BudLight Member

2. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

budlight.

Check your sources. Hitler never made that speech. Urban legend.

3. ronbo142

ronbo142 TS Member

When in a public forum gun owners need to be very carful to quote and speak to fact!

Ronbo

4. BudLight

BudLight Member

timb99 and Rondo, Thanks, I'll check before I post next time!

5. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

Supershot,

budlight deleted it.

It was the old supposed speech Hitler gave in 1935 about gun registration. According to most sources, there is no evidence he ever gave that speech.

6. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Snopes does indeed deal in factual proof or debunking of many things, however they do have a liberal tilt, and can conveniently ignore that which is contrary to their personal feelings.

HM

7. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

The Hitler speech did not happen, but heavy gun control in prewar Germany was a reality.

See the above website for edification.

HM

8. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

Check the website of the JPFO (Jews for the protection of firearms ownership.)

9. ANTRIM UDF

ANTRIM UDF TS Member

I am pretty sure the Holocaust happened and it wasn`t all Jews murdered. My Holocaust witnesses tell me the Nazis finally confiscated even their butter knives. How true do we have to get? I want to keep my guns and freedom. The antia are afraid of us. Disarm us and they can do anything they damn well please or worse; their hidden supporters will do as they please with us. The mere fact they want our guns bothers me. Read "KItty: Return to Auschwitz" By Kitty Felix Hart/Moxon. Or "All but My Life" By Gerda Klein See how much you want to "interpret the facts" after reading. But it was probably all a hoax. What did Ike say? "I want every photographer, film crew, and reporter here (at a concentration camp) because in fifty years none will ever believe this happened." Snopes that.

10. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

Umm,

I never said the holocaust didn't happen. Never said Hitler wasn't a genocidal maniac. I never said Nazis didn't confiscate guns. I believe all those things are indeed true.

All I said was there is no evidence he ever made the supposed gun registration speech.

I think its important that we fight the good fight to keep our 2nd Amendment rights, but lets do it with the truth, and not fiction.

11. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

Hmmm,

"I am not saying it is necessarily true, just that I see no proof that it isn't."

Usually proof works the other way around. I can make up some wild ass story that I spoke with Sasquatch and insist its true, and if you can't prove it isn't true, does that mean it is fact?

Usually the burden of proof is on me to prove that what I say is true, not that it is "unproven to be false."

It's often easier to believe something we'd really like to see.

This probably won't satisfy you, but here are a couple of links on the subject.

http://www.guncite.com/gun_control_gcbogus.html

http://www.guncite.com/gun_control_gcnazimyth.html

Believe what you want. I'll continue to fight for the 2nd Amendment, but I won't be using the Hitler speech argument.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.