1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Guns Similar to Beretta 3901 RL

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Triton72, Apr 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Triton72

Triton72 TS Member

We have been looking for a couple of months for a Beretta 3901 rl target for our son (11) and have had no luck. The gun he uses now is too heavy for him. So does anyone have any suggestions on a different light gun? It must be a 12ga, and a semi auto, and have a lop of 12". The gun he uses now is 8.5lbs
    We have other kids coming up through the ranks so the gun will be used by him and then others so we would just set it aside for them to use.
    Any suggestions??
    Janelle

2. jm1079

jm1079 Well-Known Member

A used Remington 11-87 with a light contour barrel and synthetic youth stock set might be an option. You can always replace the youth stock with a regular stock anytime. For what it's worth. JM

3. Oregunner

Oregunner Well-Known Member

The Remington 1100/11-87s can't be cut to 12" LOP because of the recoil tube at the end of the receiver. You might be able to get close with a thin recoil pad. Or wait a few weeks and he should grow some more. Check out the link above for a good youth stock option for 1100s. (13" LOP with included recoil pad.) Mark

4. realjoe

realjoe Member

my wife is doing well with a Beretta A300. I would recommend it highly

5. Kevin Fleming

Kevin Fleming Active Member

Does anyone have experience with a Browning Gold Micro? I seem to remember one of these at Sportsmen Warehouse a few years ago. Intro grade RL autoloaders are kinda hard to find.

K

6. jlicquia

jlicquia Member

Have a 3901 RL I could sell. It was wife's and she only shot it a couple of times. Bought it new about 5 years ago and it's been in the safe ever since.

Jim

7. Triton72

Triton72 TS Member

Thanks for the replies! You have given us a lot of options. Yes the main thing is that he needs to grow and bigger muscles so he can hold the gun for longer than 10secs.

Jim I sent you a pm.

Thanks,
    Janelle

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.