1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Guns shoot to right

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Steve L., Jun 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Steve L.

Steve L. Member

I have a BT99 Plus and a Citori O/U, put all barrels on paper from 16 yds and patterns are 3 inch to the right. Am guessing must be at least 6 to 9 at 40 yds. I was surprised, for the past couple of months I have shot and have had problems with lefts mostly from post #2 and #3 ( behind them). Made the adjustment moving comb to left as far as I could and now that has straightened out the pattern(breaking targets much harder) but the comb is somewhat uncomfortable. Do I have to get a stock made ? By the way I had to take off back bead because now the gun (to me) does not line up. My eyes must be off center or something. Anyone else have this problem. Comments, or any help appreciated. thanks Steve

2. Tron

Tron Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

I bet you're not shooting it from a rest. If not, you need to.

Tron.

3. Steve L.

Steve L. Member

Tron- I am standing exactly like I shoot, not bench rested. Don't I want to pattern it like that? Thanks Steve

4. atashooter

atashooter Member

Get an offset front bead. It doesn't take much of an offset and most folks won't never know unless you point it out. If memory serves correct, Brownell's carries them. 3" to right would probably use a .030 right offset ( roughly 1/32" ). Make sure to BLUE locktite it in.

5. Tron

Tron Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

Also, from my experience with Brownings, EVERY one that I've checked shot straight....

Just my experience.

Tron.

6. hawk57

hawk57 TS Member

Set the guns back up the way they were and put the mid bead back on. It's you not the guns. You need to see why your pulling your shots.

Hawk,

7. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

Put it on a rest and shoot it at paper, then set a trap on straightaways and shoot a box. See if your taking the right sides off the targets. Use full choke.

8. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

A bad trigger causes more problems with shotguns than thought also. If it's hard to pull, creepy etc. and assuming it's a pull trigger, thats enough to cause the gun to shoot one direction or another for you too. Off the bench with enough shots to determine the real problem is the trick Tron and others are talking about. Release triggers can have problems in the same manner also. The trigger trick is to have the gun actually fire when you say it should, whether pull or release, not off to one side or another. Three inches is giving up way too much in terms of leading an angling target for consistent shooting. Shotgunning is a game of inches, not feet. Hap

9. Gargoyle!

Gargoyle! TS Member

Better then the left.

10. plumbguncrazy

plumbguncrazy TS Member

New shells or reloads, if reloads too much powder can either blow the pattern, or cause you to flinch. many things can be the cause, but the last guess would be the TWO guns, highly unlikely! GOOD LUCK

11. coyote268

coyote268 TS Member

Hap ia right. A bad trigger pull or flinch usually pulls the the gun to the right on a right hand shooter and to the left on a left hand shooter although a flinch is pretty unpredictable where the bbl will go.
    Dan

12. Old Cowboy

Old Cowboy Active Member

"My eyes must be off center or something. Anyone else have the problem?------Steve"

Most of us have our eyes off center, except the Cyclops------sorry, couldn't resist the temptation?

John C. Saubak

13. lumper

lumper TS Member

Ya know possible a simple easy solution would be ... aim to the left?

14. Jim101

Jim101 Active Member

Steve, You need to find out if the guns do indeed shoot straight, Or not. Bench rest 13 - 16 yds with the beads aligned for windage. Shoot several targets being as precise as possible. If the guns shoot straight, You will need to figure out why your not shooting them straight. If the guns don't shoot straight, As you suggest, Sell them. It's not worth waisting time on a bad shooting gun.

Jim

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.