1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

"Guns in the house"

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by GrandpasArms, Apr 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GrandpasArms

GrandpasArms Active Member

I received the following email from a shooting friend.

When I had my gangrene gallbladder taken out and spent 10 days in the hospital for what should have been an overnight stay the insurance company kicked me out. I had home nurse visits for two weeks and was asked if I had guns in the house. I respond that if I did I would not tell them. So the below has some merit.

FYI, I am passing this along...there are comments from two other people I have also been asked if we keep guns in the house. The nurse just kinda slipped it in along with all the other regular questions. I told her I refused to answer because it was against the law to ask.

Everyone, whether you have guns or not, should give a neutral answer so they have no idea who does and who doesn't. My doctor asked me if I had guns in my house and also if any were loaded. I, of course, answered yes to both questions. Then he asked why I kept a loaded gun close to my bed. I answered that my son, who is a certified gun instructor and also works for Homeland Security, advised me that an unloaded, locked up gun is no protection against criminal attack.

The Government now requires these questions be asked of people on Medicare, and probably everyone else.

Just passing this along for your information: I had to visit a doctor other than my regular doctor when my doctor was on vacation.. One of the questions on the form I had to fill out was: Do you have any guns in your house?? My answer was None of your damn business!!

So it is out there! It is either an insurance issue or government intervention. Either way, it is out there and the second the government gets into your medical records (as they want to under Obamacare) it will become a major issue and will ultimately result in lock and load!!

Please pass this on to all the other retired guys and gun owners...Thanks, from a Vietnam Vet and retired Police Officer: I had a doctors appointment at the local VA clinic yesterday and found out something very interesting that I would like to pass along. While going through triage before seeing the doctor, I was asked at the end of the exam, three questions:1. Did I feel stressed? 2. Did I feel threatened? 3. Did I feel like doing harm to someone?

The nurse then informed me, that if I had answered yes to any of the questions, I would have lost my concealed carry permit as it would have gone into my medical records and the VA would have reported it to Homeland Security.

Looks like they are going after the vets first. Other gun people like retired law enforcement will probably be next. Then when they go after the civilians, what argument will they have? Be forewarned and be aware. The Obama administration has gone on record as considering veterans and gun owners potential terrorists. Whether you are a gun owner, veteran or not, YOU"VE BEEN WARNED !

If you know veterans and gun owners, please pass this on to them. Be very cautious about what you say and to whom.

2. Ahab

Ahab Well-Known Member

Hah! My doctor always asks me how well I have been shooting!

He says that Trap and Skeet shooting is good upper body exercise!

3. bcnu

bcnu Active Member

Have you been under stress? That is a mighty broad brush to paint with. John

4. Chango2

Chango2 Active Member

Just say "no". Not a lie, barrels in the house, actions in the garage in the safe. See, no problem!

5. Catpower

Catpower Molon Labe TS Supporters

My cardiologist at the VA hunts and shoots, we bullshit about it all the time

6. billyboy07208

billyboy07208 Member

If everybody says "no",then maybe the government will realize thatsa bullshit question to be asking.

We get alarm system salesmen ,door to door,and they will ask this question.

7. WJN

WJN TS Member

One of my doctors wants to see all my guns because he is trying to decide what to get next. I will take two more to show him next week.

Jim

8. tachyon

tachyon Member

The real culprit here is the American Academy of Pediatrics. It is not true that Medicare requires any questions about gun ownership, but the AAP has put such questions in their "best practices" manual.

Their 2004 policy paper states "The first recommendation is that "the most effective measure to prevent firearm-related injuries to children and adolescents is the absence of guns from homes and communities," the academy writes. "Firearm regulation, to include bans of handguns and assault weapons, is the most effective way to reduce firearm-related injuries.""

On their public website www. healtychildren.org they said in their "where we stand" section. "The most effective way to prevent firearm-related injury to children is to keep guns out of homes and communities. The American Academy of Pediatrics strongly supports gun-control legislation. We believe that handguns, air guns and assault weapons should be banned." They removed this part after a number of AAP members protested and refused to renew their membership.

This is just a small set of quotes from their executives and official policy positions. They also have published recommendations on how to "counsel adolescents on their alternatives to the selective service system." Pediatrician Carl Stafstrom whose salary is paid by the taxpayers of Wisconsin and is a mucky muck at the University of Wisconsin medical school wrote an article in which he advised physicians to tell young men of their alternatives

"inform pediatricians about current laws regarding Selective Service System registration, raise the prospect that a new draft may be forthcoming to fulfill the ever-increasing manpower needs of US military services, and suggest that young people should be provided with information about alternatives to military service as part of anticipatory guidance." You teach them how to use words and they learn how to obfuscate.

One of the encouraging signs is that membership in the AAP is declining. Most pediatricians see the ultra liberal position of the organization and are not renewing their membership.

As a parent you need to interview your prospective pediatrician. If they have an AAP membership certificate on their wall then many people would recommend that they find another physician.

9. DecalDude

DecalDude Active Member

Well I can honestly answer NO I dont have any guns in my house!!!!!! Not 1 I live with my other half in HER house my house is an apartment house and noone lives in MY side lol and there are NO guns there.

Now Jo has alot of guns lol none loaded, and my MOM has guns too!

Jerry Lewis

10. Stl Flyn

Stl Flyn Well-Known Member

Sure it was not for your own protection, and theirs. You get all looped up on medication, and pull the gun out and start doing things you won't remember. Just a thought. When I picked the wife up from the doctors a couple of weeks ago after a procedure in which she was out for, she was talking to me like normal, but a minute later she would ask me the same question, and not realize who she had talked to just minutes before. This went on even a couple of hours after she was home. I was instructed to stay with her. She was not to sign any important papers, cook, etc.

11. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

Just tell them guns don't kill people, Doktors kill people.

12. chuckie68

chuckie68 Active Member

Just another instance where Bongo Boy wants to get your guns!!

13. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    It should only be fair to reciprocate and ask the doctor if he has any malpractice lawsuits and how many, what percentage of his patients died under his care, if he's an alcoholic or drug abuser, etc. After all, these are important to your personal safety.

14. timberfaller

timberfaller Well-Known Member

Its more the AAP crowd that is behind it all.

The liberals in DC have figured out that if you put "its for the benefit of/for the Children" in any issue and run with it, They can FOOL most of the citizens of this country!!!

The AAP are on the record that if you have kids in your house, guns should be "banned" or at least locked up!!

15. ECWis

ECWis TS Member

The home care nurse is asking this question for his/her own safety, as well as the safety of others on their team that may visit you.

You would probably be stunned to find out how many of those home care nurses have had weapons and self-defense training, possess concealed carry permits, and are packing cute little Berettas along with their stethoscopes and rubber gloves! Think of the business they are in, their hours, the places they travel, not to mention the kooks that think they might be carrying narcotics...

16. UtahYork

UtahYork Member

"The most effective measure to prevent auto-related injuries to children and adolescents is the absence of autos from homes and communities," the academy writes. "Auto regulation, to include bans of autos and assault vehicles, is the most effective way to reduce auto-related injuries."

Sounds about right.

17. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Or you could ask, "Why? Are you afraid your home care staff will steal guns from homes they visit?"

18. Unknown1

Unknown1 Well-Known Member

<blockquote><I>"The Government now requires these questions be asked of people on Medicare, and probably everyone else."
    "Just tell them guns don't kill people, Doktors kill people."</i></blockquote>Why the whining? Don't tell'em anything, fer crissake! The government may require that the questions be asked. It doesn't require the questions be answered. They'll be able to tell if I wear a seat belt or a helmet or have smoke detectors if they have to treat me.

Answer the questions that relate to your medical history and reply "NA" to the questions that relate to your private life. GEEZ!

Keller

19. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

IN this case I have to advise lying.

A non commital answer or "none of your business" will most certainly be treated as a yes.

War is Peace

Love is hate

Black is White

big Brother loves you.

HM

20. Unknown1

Unknown1 Well-Known Member

<blockquote><I>"A non commital answer or "none of your business" will most certainly be treated as a yes."</I></blockquote>In which case they have falsified the document... not unheard of for the US government but illegal by any standards none the less.

Keller

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.