1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Guns in Cars legal in Idaho

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by cubancigar2000, Apr 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

They just passed a new law here in Idaho. Employers can no longer ask you to not bring guns to work. You by law will be able to have them in your car. We do have some legislators here that are Pro gun. Obviously you need a Concealed Carry permit to have it in the car anyway but now employers cannot fire you if you have it on their property in your car.

2. Onceabum

Onceabum TS Member

Idaho........One of my very favorite places.

Booger

3. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

I'm as pro 2nd amendment as anybody, but isn't this law a blow agaisnt property rights? Aren't you telling property owners that they cannot dictate what happens on their own property?

Don't know about this law.

4. Lead Man

Lead Man TS Member

If the property owner wants to guarantee my protection I will be glad not to carry on his property. Walmart decided that complete protection was impossible after a couple of lawsuits and removed the signs forbidding you to carry on their property.

Soon as I have that guarantee I will no longer carry.

5. Lead Man

Lead Man TS Member

Forgot to add way to go Idaho. Hats off to the folks who know how to elect their officials.

6. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

Vern, I have not read the law in completely yet but I believe it is a blanket to be interepted that an employer has not right to fire you for having gun in your vehicle even though it is their property. Idaho people got together and decided it was a second ammendment infrigement. I don't know many people here that don't have guns. There are very few anti gun folks but it all started with Hewlett Packard supposedly firing a person for having a gun in their car.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.