1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Guns from US being used in Mexico

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by likes-to-shoot, Dec 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. likes-to-shoot

likes-to-shoot Well-Known Member

I think Mexico needs to take responsibility for their own incompetent actions and inability to rid themselves of corruption and violence. They can start by keeping their own people on the south side of the border.

I suppose now the Democrates will use this for an excuse for gun control.

2. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Yeah... guns like machineguns, rocket launchers, mortars, etc. Probably got them at the local gun show. Riiiiight.

3. wireguy

wireguy TS Member

I read a commentary this morning by a guy who says seriously Mexico is our next Afghanistan. Say we are going to be left with no choice but to militarily invade, wipe out the cartels, and then what, walk away so they can just come back? Says get ready for new American states.

That way we can replace Mexican corruption with American corruption. They have been doing it longer but we have American ingenuity, resourcefulness and efficiency. Not to mention unions.

4. partygirl

partygirl TS Member

I think it's about time something went TO Mexico illegally.

5. porky

porky TS Member

Studies have shown that this info isn't correct. The majority of guns come from the Eastern European bloc and China. The cartels aren't buying piecemeal, but in lots. The war in Bosnia, etc., left a lot of guns around after it was over. The AK 47 is the favorite of the Mexican cartel. Cheap and functional.

6. capvan

capvan Active Member

Saw this on last nights news. Broke my heart to see those soldiers torch all those weapons. And they had shots of the weapons showing the stamped in location of manufacturer and it was USA...

cap

7. sernv99

sernv99 Active Member

article in todays' Washington Post on FFL dealers, who have had their licenses revoked, but still remain in business through family members obtaining a FFL and running the business.. I don't know why any gun owner should defend the scumbag dealers who carelessly/purposely do not perform background checks or have "missing inventory" or keep sloppy records. Not having a "t" crossed or an "i" dotted should not be grounds for license revocation but not doing background checks? missing inventory? And these dealers scratch their head and wonder why the ATF wants to revoke their license...these few scumbag dealers are screwing it up for the rest of us gun owners.....

8. likes-to-shoot

likes-to-shoot Well-Known Member

Rick....I agree with the drug problem but feel that the law helped with the problem. Back in the 70's, 80's or when ever the drug culture got its foot hold in America law enforcement and the judges decided that they will let the little fish go or pat their wrist in hopes of getting the big guy. The big guy hardly ever gets caught or buys his way out of trouble and the little guy is hooked and getting drug money any way he can. We all know where we are today.

9. slic lee

slic lee Active Member

What makes no sense to me now is why our govt is allowing the drug cartels military to operate in AZ, Ca and Tx to name a few. They have set up a semi military operation on American soil and our govt does nothing allowing them to go deeper into our country.
    The only answer I can come up with is our govt is collecting money from the cartels.

10. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

Good one partygirl. Way too funny and way true

11. ou.3200

ou.3200 Well-Known Member

What MSNBC is not saying is that the "80% of weapons" that allegedly come from the US is actually 80% of the TRACEABLE weapons and only a fraction (perhaps 20%) of the recovered weapons are traceable. Another distortion of the facts by MSNBC. FOX news covered the weapons coming from the US tonight. See the link above. Tighten up the border and prosecute those who violate the law. The laws are already on the books.

12. ExFedex

ExFedex Active Member

Shortly after the fall of Vietnam, anti-government forces in the Phillipines were known to be armed with new M-16 rifles. Our sworn enemy Mr. Chavez of Venezuela has an AK-47 manufacturing plant in his country now. Drug cartels are operating old freighter aircraft as large as the 727 across the south Atlantic. Would you buy the junk seen at gunshows when new weapons are available by the caseloads along with ammo and possibly free delivery? I admire the efforts of Pres. Calderone but disappointed by this administration of ours.

13. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    ou.3200 hits the nail on the head over how gun trace info is abused. We've seen trace info abused ever since the first 1989 semi-auto bans. It's an easily manipulated set of facts turned into a convenient lie that fools people who cannot think for themselves.

14. Don Steele

Don Steele Well-Known Member

The Mexican government has said that the problem of illegal drugs being smuggled into America is OUR problem...because we're the source of the demand.
    I would tell Calderone the same thing regarding firearms that are illegal in Mexico being smuggled INTO Mexico...it's HIS problem since there's so much demand for them. I recommend he control his borders..!!!
    It's pathetically obvious the United States isn't going to control ours.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.