1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Guns for sale forever

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by sliverbulletexpress, Jul 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sliverbulletexpress

sliverbulletexpress TS Member

0   0   0

While I'm on my Friday night rant. Why do people leave guns in the for sale section for weeks and weeks maybe months and never lower the price. They have hundreds of people look at them and not even a peep. The just keep moving them to the top every three days or so. Not to say anything about those who don't have the sense to delete their old tt's. What was that definition of insanity again?

2. Ajax

Ajax Well-Known Member

0   0   0

I'm just couious, do you do one of these every Friday night? It seems I may have missed a couple.LOL

Ajax

3. KEYBEAR

KEYBEAR Active Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Ok I,v said this before . READY IT,S FREE

If where was a charge for the add say by the week it would only be up a week .

4. mikkeeh

mikkeeh Active Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

How about folks that post in the "For Sale" section....and dont have anything for sale?????? :)

5. rick979

rick979 Active Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

They do it because they think that someone will eventually get STUPID and bail them out of the guns that they paid too much for. I sold a TON of guns on TS in the last year and practically all sold within 48 hours. Fair pricing and great photos= FAST Sales....simple when you think about it. Rick ~~~~Texas

6. sliverbulletexpress

sliverbulletexpress TS Member

0   0   0

Ding Ding Ding, Rick979 is the big winner. Treat yourself to anything in your fridge.

No I don't do one every Friday night, I should, but I've had a worse than horribly bad day that I usually have so tonight is it.

7. GW22

GW22 Active Member

0   0   0

Yeah, there are some people on Gunbroker like that too. I call it "Sucker Hunting." One guy had a 1st Series Colt Woodsman Match Target I would have bought for anywhere near a reasonable price but he had it up for about a year without selling it. Same with many people who try to sell shotguns with Cutts compensators. They haul them to the guns shows for years refusing to accept the reality of what a Cutts does to the value of a shotgun.

My favorite example of the relentlessness and stupidity of Sucker Hunting was a local guy trying to sell a nice Olds 442. It was the 1885-1987 version and I tried to buy it in the late 1990s after seeing it for sale in front of the little restaurant where the guy worked. He wanted nearly double what it was worth so I didn't make an offer. But after driving by again a couple months later and seeing it still for sale, I stopped and made a reasonable offer. He said no, claiming any real enthusiast would realize his price was quite fair. Now the good part...

I drive by that place several times a year and, as of a few months ago, the same car was still for sale!!! This moron has had the For Sale sign on that car for over 10 years, but now the car is a beater! I gotta go by again soon to see if it's still for sale.

-Gary

8. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

0   0   0

If a person owns the gun, they have the right to ask what they want. My real pet peave is putting guns for sale in the wrong category

9. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

I guess I'm guilty of some of that. I post something for sale and when it "goes off the main page's radar" without selling, I often don't "ttt" it but also don't delete it. I forgot that it will stay on the "For Sale/Wanted" list until I do.

I'll get right on that.

Ed

10. Auctioneer

Auctioneer Well-Known Member

0   1   0

Some people are to lazy to delete the post. Some people hope that the right person in time will see it. Some people no matter what shape the gun is in thinks they can get NEW price for a used gun in bad shape. I have seen a guy walk around a gun show with a 60% condition gun and ask for 100% condition price that was in the Blue Book. You just couldn't get him to understand anything.

11. rodbuster

rodbuster TS Member

0   0   0

Gun shows are a great place to see this practice. You can go to the show month after month, and see the same guns for sale, on the same venders tables, for the same prices. Also at the gun clubs, I have seen the same guns for sale on the board for quite some time.

12. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Rating - 50%
    1   1   0

The real gripe is the folks that no lnger have the item for sale, but leaave the thread up forever. GRRRRR!

HM

13. Auctioneer

Auctioneer Well-Known Member

0   1   0

I agree. I will and have gone back and delete the pic's and then add that the item has been sold so others that open the thread will see that it is not available.

14. KEYBEAR

KEYBEAR Active Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

I had a Brother-in-law (gone now) We seen the same gun at different gun shows for two years . It was always funny as hell because he never did remember seeing the last time . He would pick it up and think about it all day but never make an offer . He always said on the way home he should of tryed to buy it (never Did )

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.