1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

guns for pennies

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by BJ99, Feb 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BJ99

BJ99 TS Member

Any info on this site?

2. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

Looks like either a scam, or a huge waste of time. Bid increment is a penny, and resets a 15 second clock with each new bid. There was a kimber on their front page at a little over 50 when I was watching it. At that rate, 27 hours until it reached $1k.

3. skeet_man

Look at their closed bids: http://www.guns4pennies.com/auctions/closed

Sorry, but there's no way I believe that a SigArms P220 sold for $42.80, or a Glock 17 25th Anniversary sold for $28.80. Or that a Bushmaster ACR sold for $2.93.

Until I hear from anyone who actually won a gun off of this site for one of these beyond ridiculous prices, I'm considering the site to be a scam.

4. frostyman

frostyman Well-Known Member

I don't know about this site but there are some that sound similar where you actually "buy" bids and then you "bid" on an item and each bid goes up by a penny. The bids you "buy" may cost you a dollar a bid (or X number of bids for 10 dollars). So if you bid once the "bid price" only goes up a penny but it costs you a dollar to bid for something that you probably are not going to win anyway.

5. skeet_man

frostymans description jives with what I read on another site about guns4pennies. Sounds like a huge waste of time and money to me.

6. rennerize

rennerize Active Member

It sounds like the same type of SCAM AS "QUIBIDS".
    Don

7. Jeff P

Jeff P Well-Known Member

I agree...sounds much like quibids.

I dunno how'd they sell guns that way - I guess that they'd have to deliver through an FFL.

But the sites are legit...quibids was charging 65 cents for a bid a while back. So when they say they sold a flat panel TV for $60, they probably did. But that's SIX THOUSAND BIDS to get to $60 - at 65 cents per bid, they took in $3,900 on the 'sale' of the TV. What difference does the $60 make? hell, they could give the TVs away.

which is, actually, similar to what all those "text xxxxxx to Xxxxxxx" and win a prize are doing. They're getting kickbacks off the text fees...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.