1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Guns conficated, VAGUE reasons, No reporters

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by bigdogtx, Feb 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

"Cleveland police said officers came in contact with the man, which prompted a crisis intervention at the man's apartment across from the monastery.

An officer determined that at this time, it is best he shalt not have guns."

2. GW22

GW22 Active Member

Many of my kook friends on TS.com have >57 guns, LOL. Better watch out for the Five-O that's lookin' out for your own good!

-Gary

3. GunDr

GunDr Well-Known Member

Sounds like the making of a lawsuit, seeing that the officer was also the judge and jury.

4. timberfaller

timberfaller Well-Known Member

Whats the officers meaning of "at this time"? Is it because Obama is in office?

5. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Sounds like more scrutiny is merited.

6. GW22

GW22 Active Member

Hey, where's the ACLU?

-Gary

7. Auctioneer

Auctioneer Well-Known Member

All it takes today is to make a phonce call to the police and your screwed. They will arrest you first,take your guns and then you have to prove you have done nothing wrong. After you do that you have to get your guns back. It is a fact that your guns will not be in the same condition before the cops got them.

57 guns is nothing compaired to collections that I have seen.

8. sernv99

sernv99 Active Member

not enough details in the article to determine what happened.....piss poor reporting to even give this article any attention...why bother?

9. Rods Custom Stocks

Rods Custom Stocks Member

I seen this on the news myself and couldn't beleive it. I am wondering if the news didn't report all the facts?

.........Rod

10. Recoil Sissy

Recoil Sissy Well-Known Member

Well... it was reported law enforcemen was called which lead to a crisis intervention. The good father was then taken for a psych evaluation but wasn't charged with anything.

Rates of depression and stress induced mental issues are inordinantly high in social workers of all sorts. Average career tenures are short because the turnover rates are exceptionally high. Do ya think dealing with Cleveland's hard core homeless on a daily basis might qualify??

Just maybe those folks familiar with the details would prefer not to say, "the good father temporarily wigged out and needs some time and help to mellow back out".

In the meantime I'll remain skeptical when the gub'ment tells me or anyone else to do something, 'cause it's good for ya."

sissy

11. slic lee

slic lee Active Member

Maybe the cops found out about his collection and decided they should have dibs,want, on them.
    I will never forget my girl friend and I moved from a teeny, PFT town in central vermont to NewYork City. As I hijacked the ca--- with help from a neighbor, yeah we have TV, a carpet, money for dog food, etc my guns in the closet, laid on the floor with my big dog lying on my stomach, listened to the NY news talking about a 12AM police strike against legal gun owners all over the city having their guns confiscated, knowing where to go because they, the owners registered their guns. I watched in horror this old guy, a licensed collector of firearms worth over 30 thousand dollars, was 1972, held in handcuffs like a criminal with tears rolling down his cheeks as the cops laughed at him. This scene went on all night long and the next few days. Lawsuits, whole collections missing from police and so on. They were insinuated upon as illegal by the news and police but was never said.
    My girl friend looked at me.

12. Brian in Oregon

13. 221

221 Banned User Banned TS Supporters

That neighborhood's not exactly the Vatican. That don't make it right.....jus sayin

Listen to that reporter real close.....she says that the police were called to a disturbance in the apartments across the street.

14. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

221--The unfortunate thing is if he is a law abiding citizen and living in that neighborhood he now does have a gun to defend himself in his own home. I can't help to think something key to this story is missing. You are right though, it is not the Vatican.

Matt

15. Dahaub

Dahaub Active Member

Where I live all that has to happen for the police to confiscate your guns is to call to police over a domestic dispute. If there is a call made and charges brought. The police confiscate all the weapons in the house and those people have their foid cards taken if there is prosecution of the case against the gun owner.Until the charges are dropped the guns stay with the police and you'll be lucky to get them back in any kind of shape and if there are hand guns you can bet any good ones are gone. Two of mine were "gone" when my house was robbed and the police were holding the guns while all the court cases were going. After almost a year and a half when the last case was finished I got to get my guns back. Two of the hand guns were gone. The thieving police have two nice hand guns that they never had to buy. Don't give the police a chance to get into your house to see what you have. Dan

16. Brian in Oregon

Recoil Sissy, quote: <i>"...The good father was then taken for a psych evaluation but wasn't charged with anything...."</i>

Apparently Sissy is correct, at least according to this information.

The story leaked by an officer in the Cleveland PD is that the "preacher" (no one knows if he is a real one or not) ran a homeless kitchen out of his home, and got into a confrontation with workers at the real homeless shelter across the street. When the cops intervened, he was loony enough that they committed him for observation. The firearms were laying all over the apartment unsecured, and the apartment was full of homeless people, some of them apparently known felons. It would be a recipe for disaster if the guns had been left unsecured and unattended under those circumstances. The problem is that the media never talked directly with the police, so the story never got fully reported.

Keep in mind this us unsubstantiated. But if true, it explains a lot.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.